Insurance/hotels

SusieBrent

I have two questions hopefully someone can help me with.

1) Has anyone purchased trip insurance from insuremytrip.com they are $60 cheaper then what Carnival is offering. Just want to make sure it's legit

2) We are leaving out of the Port of Miami January 1, 2012 flying in on the 30th can anyone recommend hotels in that area that are nice and won't break the bank

Thanks in advance for all your help

Insuremytrip.com is great. I'm surprised they are only $60 less. Be sure to read & compare policies. Also check out the name & rating of the insurance company not just the brand name of the policy. For example I would rather get the "Bronze plan" from say Allstate (if they wrote trip insurance) than the "fabulous plan" from Joe's Discount Ins. Co.

As for hotels, check out the Florida departures board, TripAdvisor.com & Priceline/bedderbidding.com.

I have used Insuremytrip.com many times. I always get insurance starting with the day I actually leave home, not the day the cruise leaves, and this way it covers the flight and hotel also. For example once I arrived 2 days before my cruise was to leave and my luggage was lost. Insurance usually kicks in 24 hours after the luggage is lost so I waited until the 24 hour period and then bought a few items of clothing and some toiletries to hold me over. Fortunately my luggage was returned to me the same day the cruise left. I submitted a claim for what I bought and I was reimbursed.

As far as hotels, I don't know what your price range is but hotels may be pricey because it is New Years Eve. If you look on lastminutetravel.com there is a 5* hotel in downtown Miami(near the port) for $144/nt. This is the Conrad and it says 36 stories, 203 rooms in the description. I think this is a great price for a nice hotel over a holiday.

Archived