Beds for a Family

mechcc

Son, DDIL and 2 Grandsons (ages 2 and 4) are in an ocean view cabin together. The cabin has a sofa bed for one and an upper bunk. Neither child is old enough to sleep in the upper bunk. Is it possible to have the mattress from the upper bunk placed on the floor? Is there room for that arrangement? Will the cabin steward be able to do that?

Also, they are in an adjoining suite on the Triumph so where will the door to the next cabin be located?

Thanks everyone for replies.

When my boys were that age, and we would travel, I would put their heads at opposite ends of the bed but they would share a twin bed. At that age, their feet didn't reach far enough to bother the other child. Just a thought if nothing else works...

LT

I'd call CCL customer service and ask them your question. They really try to accomodate their passengers. There is a smaller rollaway bed that sits on the floor that may work better for your grandkids.

Only older ships have rollaways... It may be too early in the morning, but not sure what ship the OP is asking about.

OP people have put children up on the bunks and lined it with trays around the rail if you think the child might roll out.

I was sleeping in a upper bunk by age 3 or 4.. so its not too early for all children.

I don't know why couples are so opposed to sleeping apart for a week (or in this case 5 days) Put one adult in the bunk and the other on the couch and let the kids have the other twins (don't bother to put them together)

Or bring one of those kid size aerobeds and make a bed in front of the couch on the floor.

I think it would be asking a lot to have the room steward drag the mattress off and back onto the bunk.

Son, DDIL and 2 Grandsons (ages 2 and 4) are in an ocean view cabin together. The cabin has a sofa bed for one and an upper bunk. Neither child is old enough to sleep in the upper bunk. Is it possible to have the mattress from the upper bunk placed on the floor? Is there room for that arrangement? Will the cabin steward be able to do that?

Also, they are in an adjoining suite on the Triumph so where will the door to the next cabin be located?

On Triumph as long as the cabin is a quad they can get a crib for the 2 yr old and the 4 yr old can use the sofa bed.

I read this as the OP is talking about two different ships..

But OP has not been back to explain, so who knows for sure.

----

OP the door to adjoining cabins is in the wall that is in between the two cabins.

Great suggestion on the crib. Also if you use the mattress from the bunk just slide it under one of the twins.

At 2&4 they should be able to both fit on the sofa bed.

If the kids are used to sleeping alone than having them in the same bed could cause problems with one waking up the other and then mom and dad. Nothing worse than a vacation where no one sleeps. I would try to make the sleeping arrangments as close to home as possible. With 3 little ones vacationing in close quarters can be tricky.

Just got back from Fascination. Had 2 uppers for son and daughter. My daughter will be 4 in Dec. We shoved pillows against the bed rail. Her bed was above master bed, so if she fell out she was going to land on us/bed. She loved her bed and called it her fort and couldn't wait to go sleep in it. No issues at all!

I agree- but with the sofa- the back comes off and its made to a bed. (I'd be more worried about one kid rolling over and falling off here then I would with the upper beds. The upper bed has a rail. I suggest taking the backs off the sofa and laying on the floor.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0242.JPG

Archived