Two nights pre-cruise (with parking)

mafig

Have any of you stayed in NO for two nights before the cruise?

I'm considering NO for next year and looking at some of the hotels with free parking that you have recommended. However, when I go on their websites, it seems they're set up for one night with free parking for 7 or 8 days. When I put in two nights, their website seems to reject it with the notation that I've exceeded the amount of nights allowed.:confused:

I have not sailed from NO yet. Will do so in December. I am using Fulton Street parking for not only parking while on the cruise but for parking for my 2 night pre-cruise stay.

I booked using a site called www(dot)lastminutetravel(dot)com. I got the Hilton Riverside for the 2 nights for $153 (including taxes). This site 'hides' the location until you book but you look for a 4.5 star in the warehouse district for $63/night. Click on the photo button and there will be a photo of 'Churchills' which is the bar/grill in the Hilton Riverside. The downside is parking at the hotel is $34/night. That's why I'm using Fulton.... cruise rate is $12/day. Fulton is only 4 blocks from the Hotel.

I will post my experience with both Hilton and Fulton Parking after I get back.

Good luck with your planning. I had only cruised from the Florida Ports so NOLA is a totally new experience. Lots to learn.

Thanks, Normal 1. I'll keep that parking garage and website in mind.

Actually, I was thinking that maybe I'll have to book one night in my name and then one night in DH's name with the parking for the week. It might even turn out better, rate-wise.

Thanks for getting back to me.:)

Archived