Ship time vs Port time excursions

divemedic

Just wondering if any of you fellow cruisers can answer this one for me. If the ships itinerary shows docking in Belize for 0800... would you make an excursion that is 0845 local time. I know Belize is 1 hour behind Florida time. I`m pretty sure the ship changes to local time and this should be okay (providing tender times are reasonable). Just want to make sure the itinerary times posted on Carnivals site match the local time so I don`t have a problem with booking excursions off ship.

Your help, as always, is appreciated. :)

Divemedic

Just wondering if any of you fellow cruisers can answer this one for me. If the ships itinerary shows docking in Belize for 0800... would you make an excursion that is 0845 local time. I know Belize is 1 hour behind Florida time. I`m pretty sure the ship changes to local time and this should be okay (providing tender times are reasonable). Just want to make sure the itinerary times posted on Carnivals site match the local time so I don`t have a problem with booking excursions off ship.

Your help, as always, is appreciated. :)

Divemedic

The ship does not change to local time, and in Belize you have a 30 minute tender ride from the ship to where you will meet your excursion. Since you will arrive at 8:00 eastern time (7:00 local time), making an 8:45 Belize time excursion should be no problem because you have 1:45 to get there.

It's up to the ship's captain on what time the ship uses. It seems that most of the ships leaving from the east coast stay on eastern time and do not change. Some of the ships here on the west coast do change to local time when in port.

We were on the Dream earlier this year and it stayed on eastern time. We had a 9 am tour in Belize and had plenty of time.

During the summer months when Florida is on daylight saving time Belize is two hours behind Florida as they stay on central standard time year-round. Assuming you are sailing after Florida returds from DST to standard time this won't effect you but any good shore excursion vendor will know when ships arrive and make sure you are accommodated or tell you no.

For the most part, ship time does not change, it stays on the time of it's home port city, for instance, Miami. The only cruise I've been on where the time changed on the ship was for an Alaskan cruise.

It's the opposite for us. More than half of our cruises have changed time but half our cruises have been from Galveston in winter. We have also changed time on Hawaii, Alaska, and Mexican Riviera cruises.

Archived