Epic transatlantic -- no refrigerators in cabins!!!

Crown Prince

I just called NCL - again - to ask about the Coffee Pots in the T1 Inside Studio Cabins. At first the Agent told me there are none in the Studios. Then she said their is a coffee pot in my cabin.

Next, I asked about a refrigerator. There are NO refrigerators in the Studios - only an ice bucket.

How can this be a new, modern, state-of-the-art ship with NO REFRIGERATOR?

Last February there was no fridge or coffee pot, and I'm really assuming that will be the same for your as well (despite what they said on the phone). Space is VERY limited in those studios, and there simply isn't room available. When I wanted coffee, I just strolled into the Living Room and it was always fresh and hot 24/7.

I hope you'll enjoy your upcoming Tranasatlantic. Norwegian EPIC is a really really wonderful ship. :)

Yep, as others have said. No fridge or kettle or.. In the studios. Just an ice bucket and a cpl glasses.

I thought I wouldn't get on with it but found it fine! It encouraged me to nip down to the lounge for a drink and a cookie or two :).

The vending machines in the studio lounge and pantry have refrigerated soft drinks which I'd buy and just use the ice in the bucket!

O.K. How much are the drinks in the Vending Machine?

Is the Living Room open 24 hours? Can I wear my pajamas in the middle of the night?

DON:

I am so enjoying reading your Review. Thank you. You are a very picturesque writer. I am interested in the Posh Pass. Did U think it worthwhile? It will likely cost more for 13 days than for 7.

Exactly what does it include? Thanks again for your help. Now, back to reading You.

No fridge or coffee pot in the studios-sorry about that. I read a review where someone requested a refridgerator for medication and one was brought to the room. I wish I could find it now, but I'm having no luck. You might want to call and inquire if one could be brought to the room. You might want to check out my review. It may be able to help you with something.

O.K. How much are the drinks in the Vending Machine?

Is the Living Room open 24 hours? Can I wear my pajamas in the middle of the night?

DON:

I am so enjoying reading your Review. Thank you. You are a very picturesque writer. I am interested in the Posh Pass. Did U think it worthwhile? It will likely cost more for 13 days than for 7.

Exactly what does it include? Thanks again for your help. Now, back to reading You.

My memory is along the lines of Mike's. Seems it was $2.50 for the 20-oz bottle of cold drinks. I prefer the bottles, since you can put the cap on any remaining beverage and keep the fizz. You can also use you keycard on the vending machines, so no need for a 'cash hunt'. :)

I'll agree with your assumption about the Posh pass being more on the longer sailing, but I honestly don't have a real clue. Mine was presented as a simple total cost when acquiring it (and not a per-day figure). Yes, I definitely thought it was worthwhile, and I think you'll agree as well. Enjoy! Access to the area basically offers just that . . . access. But the availability of the bar service just a few steps away, and beach towels available for use there without schlepping one from your studio, are all nice bonuses.

Also, thanks for your complimentary comment on the review.

Archived