Chefs Table Reservations Pre-Board

kellieann5

I am trying to make pre-boarding reservations for the Chef's Table on our upcoming Destiny sailing. Destiny does not have a steakhouse, so I cannot email the maitre d'. I submitted the request via John Heald's blog. I also asked my PVP if she could help, but she told me that she could not and that I had to go through the blog or hope to get in after I was on board. I have not yet heard back from the blog- I sent the request on Wednesday last week.

How long does it typically take to hear back? Since it's been a few days, does that mean we will not be able to get this reservation?

Is there anything else I can try?

I am trying to make pre-boarding reservations for the Chef's Table on our upcoming Destiny sailing. Destiny does not have a steakhouse, so I cannot email the maitre d'. I submitted the request via John Heald's blog. I also asked my PVP if she could help, but she told me that she could not and that I had to go through the blog or hope to get in after I was on board. I have not yet heard back from the blog- I sent the request on Wednesday last week.

How long does it typically take to hear back? Since it's been a few days, does that mean we will not be able to get this reservation?

Is there anything else I can try?

Did you use the the form at www.johnhealdsblog.com/ask-john ?

If so, it can take two weeks to get a confirmation. If you just posted a comment on his blog it may not get picked up.

:)

Just and FYI, I went thru John's blog in May on the Ecstasy and got the confirmation that my request went through; however, once on board there was no reservation for us. Just be sure to double check once onboard. John's a busy man and sometimes things may be overlooked ;)

Just and FYI, I went thru John's blog in May on the Ecstasy and got the confirmation that my request went through; however, once on board there was no reservation for us. Just be sure to double check once onboard. John's a busy man and sometimes things may be overlooked ;)

Hi! Thanks for the heads up- did you get the confirmation from John (that said he got it and was forwarding it along) or did you get the confirmation email from the maitre d'?

Hi! Thanks for the heads up- did you get the confirmation from John (that said he got it and was forwarding it along) or did you get the confirmation email from the maitre d'?

I got a confirmation that my request sent to the "Ask John" section of his blog had gone through, then after no response someone forwarded an email to him directly for me. The ship still didn't get it.

I'm not upset about it, I mean he doesn't pick the questions to be addressed on his blog so it's not his fault; since I checked on it we still got to do the Chef's Table. I'm just saying make sure you check with the maitre d' to be sure your request went through. You don't want to miss out.

I got a confirmation that my request sent to the "Ask John" section of his blog had gone through, then after no response someone forwarded an email to him directly for me. The ship still didn't get it.

I'm not upset about it, I mean he doesn't pick the questions to be addressed on his blog so it's not his fault; since I checked on it we still got to do the Chef's Table. I'm just saying make sure you check with the maitre d' to be sure your request went through. You don't want to miss out.

I've never heard of it sold out before sail. They usually have a stand set up to try to get people to sign up as you board, as well as pushing people to sign up pretty hard over the PA during announcements.

I've never heard of it sold out before sail. They usually have a stand set up to try to get people to sign up as you board, as well as pushing people to sign up pretty hard over the PA during announcements.

Really? I've seen this with the steakhouse reservations, but never with Chef's Table...I mean, it can only have like 12 people (if even that many) and they only do it once each cruise? Or so I'm told??

Really? I've seen this with the steakhouse reservations, but never with Chef's Table...I mean, it can only have like 12 people (if even that many) and they only do it once each cruise? Or so I'm told??

They overhype the popularity, just as they do with the steakhouse. I know they have done two chefs tables on cruises in the past, and they would probably do as many as they could fill. Same with the steakhouse. The CD will always be saying on the first day "make sure to make your rez for the steakhouse today, not many spots left for the rest of the week! Hurry!" Then two days later "make your steakhouse rez's for the rest of the week, spots are going quick!" But on most nights, you can stroll up to the steakhouse with no rez, it's 2/3 full and you can sit right down.

They overhype the popularity, just as they do with the steakhouse. I know they have done two chefs tables on cruises in the past, and they would probably do as many as they could fill. Same with the steakhouse. The CD will always be saying on the first day "make sure to make your rez for the steakhouse today, not many spots left for the rest of the week! Hurry!" Then two days later "make your steakhouse rez's for the rest of the week, spots are going quick!" But on most nights, you can stroll up to the steakhouse with no rez, it's 2/3 full and you can sit right down.

I wonder if it's easier to get a Chef's Table reservation on ships that do have the steakhouse. Since the Chef's Table started I've not been on a ship with a steakhouse, and on the Ecstasy (the one I've cruised the most) the program was sold out on both nights.

We did actually miss out on it the first cruise it was available, this is why I tried to utilize the "Ask John" section of the blog to ensure we had a spot. However, since that didn't work I'm glad I went to double check the day of embarkation. We really did enjoy it, but I don't know that I would do it again for a while, or until they changed up the menu a little.

okay, color me ignorant...but what is the chef's table?

T.I.A.

Another way to get people to pay extra for the food that used to be served in the MDR.

You get a seven course meal prepared in the galley. You get to watch the food being cooked and tour the galley.

Another way to get people to pay extra for the food that used to be served in the MDR.

You get a seven course meal prepared in the galley. You get to watch the food being cooked and tour the galley.

ohhhh!

i have no desire for that lol. I am not that in to food! lol.

and i refuse to give extra money for something that should/was free/included....ie bag fees!:eek: and steak!

Archived