Baby pool

ashley0826

There seems to be some mixed info on this. I was on pride and told by the asst cruise director that my then 18 month old could swim in the kids pool which was the small cement/tile wall which was less than knee high on her. Others have said that no diapers anywhere. I was also told that she could splash around in the outer area of the regular pool but could not swim (i.e. Be submerged) in the pool. We are going on the inspiration next week and my 3 and 5 year old will be all over the sprayground at waterworks and it will kill the baby (19 months) not to join them. We own a timeshare and staying there the week before the cruise and he is allowed to use the sprayground there so he will not understand why hencan use one and not the other. I have a baby pool for him but it may be better to keep that area as a treat for the older kids during baby's nap time.

You would seriously allow your child to play in water tainted with other children's urine and feces?

Umm definitely not. I can't imagine why that would even be asked. Our ship with Royal Caribbean had a small wading pool only about 6 inches deep for the babies in swim diapers to stay cool. They did it that way so that if there was an accident no biggie easily drained and disinfected. With that being said you can't tell me that those older children always get out of pool to go pee...shoot I bet there are tons of adults to lazy to get out of the hot tub. By the way...you shouldn't go swimming in rivers lakes or oceans...fish pee and poop there.

Yes, they do! It's your cabin's bathroom sink!:rolleyes:

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Lol my kid is to big for that now...hmm maybe i could just stick him in the shower! Although as small as those things in are he probably couldn't bend over to pick up soap either. No but seriously he's just taking a while to potty train and I hate that he can't participate in those things yet even though he is all about the water.

From FAQ's

Use of the pools : Due to United States Public Health (USPH) Regulations, we do not allow children in diapers, in swimming diapers or those not toilet-trained in the pools.

I actually found my answer. I'm guessing this should have been posted in the family section

Some ships have wading pools by camp carnival for parents to use. Mine appears to have one.

Archived