Leaving ship at Savona

Southoffranceman

It all depends when the ship is due to arrive, i.e. tie up at the berth, then there is customs & immigrations for the ship. Also if there are no mechanical or weather problems that could delay the arrival.

Once the ship has arrived, it could take between 30 to 60 minutes before passengers can disembark, maybe longer as the ship is coming from South American.

You will have to disembark with you own luggage, then go through customs & immigration, then decide how to get to the station.

The station is a good 15 to 20 minutes walk (uphill), or arrange a private transfer before or take a taxi. The problem with taxis are, if your ship is not berthed directly in front of the cruise terminal, there could be a long walk to the taxi stand also you could be competing with Italian passengers for taxis.

One sees this a lot on CC, can I get a flight at 10:00 am when my ship arrives at 08:00 am etc. I never understand this attitude, one has just finished a long relaxing cruise / holiday and you finish it on a very stressful note, will I get my train.

I think you are on the Pacifica, which according to the itinerary is due to arrive at 09:00 am.

Catching a train at 09:30 am - all I can say it good luck.

Ron

Normally all Costa websites are copies/translations of the Italian site (master), so the information is basically the same.

I have never heard that Costa do a bus transfer to Nice train station.

There is a bus service from Nice to Genoa, but that is only once a day each way:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g194908-i7144-k4591743-Travel_by_train_to_savona_from_nice_airport-Savona_Italian_Riviera.html

Costa does do a Bus transfer To Nice Airport:

Savona Pier Nice Airport 10.00 12.30 £19 one way

Have you thought of a hire car?

Ron

Archived