Amazing Race On Board?

taliho621

We are heading on to the Millenium at the end of the month with a group of 6-7 families, each with kids. In the past, I have organized or participated in "Amazing Race"-type events at variouls locales, and I thought this would be a great way to pass a few hours on a sea day.

So I would ask all of you out there a couple of questions:

First, has anybody ever done this on Celebrity, specifically on the Millenium? If so, did you organize it or did the ship?

Second, have you ever participated in this on any ship? If so, what were the events? And was it a ship-wide event, or limited to a group?

Third, can you suggest some events or challenges to include? Remember, this will involve kids as young as 7-8 years old, so drinking and/or gambling would be out.

As always, your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I never heard of Amazing Race on Celebrity, but you can easily arrange a private your group only scavenger type hunt. We did this once and it was a great way to spent several hours. Make a list of things to find on the ship, and plan to meet several hours later. Make some ground rules like no running, and being polite to others. This can be as easy as finding a ping pong ball, or as hard as finding a paper plate. Have fun, but you will have to organize it yourself. By the way, We won, and had a blast.:)

Thanks. I have done scavenger hunts on the ships as well, and often enjoyed them.

But what I am looking for here is somewhat different and more active - I am seekimng activities similar to those on the television show - eating something unique, doing something daring/embarrassing, or having to follow certain steps in completing a task.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks again.

Archived