room service alcohol

ruby32

Thanks for all the responses. However, I'm still wondering whether I can simply order a glass of wine or mixed drink and have it brought to my room (I understand I'd have to pay for it). Alternatively, can I buy a drink (or 2) at one of the bars and take it to my room ?:)

If you'd like wine or cocktails delivered to your room, simply telephone one of the ships Bars. There is a leather bound directory next to each cabin telephone.

064006.jpg

One of the Bar Waiters (not a room service waiter) will make the delivery, although they have to service clients who are IN that bar first, so it might take a few minutes.

210154.jpg

Your cocktail will arrive, served beautifully on a silver salver.

Oh, and if you're feeling particularly frisky, you might even ask that they send up some nuts or other nibbles with your drink.

Enjoy your cruise!

For the steerage-class customers (say, veranda on Riviera), do they provide any fresh flowers or fresh fruit in the cabin upon arrival?

If not, the "Classic Bon Voyage Package" gift looks like a cost-effect spruce-up to the cabin. With the side benefit of having a chilled bottle of chardonnay waiting, to cut the dust of the ride from the Athens airport...

Medium Assortment of Fresh Flowers, Basket of Seasonal Fresh Fruit & a Bottle of St. Francis 2001 Chardonnay - $95.00

(Though I hope the chardonnay is not a 2001...)

I always order a Bon Voyage, flowers etc package with a sweet note for DW. I too enjoy flowers in the cabin.

On Marina's MV the flowers were both several days late in arriving and absolutely amazing when they did. They are usually flowers with longevity and beauty (orchids etc), nicely arranged and just add a little more to the special occasion. Yes, I could buy a cheaper bottle of wine and indeed bring my own ( and do that so have shared the Bon Voyage bottle with others at our table) but it is nice to have this 'gift' upon arrival - even though I buy it myself.

We are travelling on the Insignia in a veranda room (not concierge). Other than bringing our own alcohol, is it possible to have alcoholic drinks brought to the room through room service or any other means ? :)

probably faster to make a bar run

Archived