Day passes to st. Thomas hotels

seguetocaribe

We are interested in going to one of the hotels that offer day passes and use of their facilities for our day in St Thomas. I know that Bolongo Bay Beach resort and Best Western at Emerald Beach offer day passes. Anyone know if there are any other hotels that do this?

we are also looking for day passes at a nice resort with a great beach. Please let me know where you found those ones as I'd like more info. Thanks

I found these two on this board just looking around various pages. I emailed both hotels to make sure they still allow this (just google each hotel name to get info on each). and they both said that yes, they do it.

Bolongo Bay is $120 for a family of 4 and includes beach chairs, water sports and their pool.

Emerald Beach - you can just rent beach chairs (but then no pool use) or rent a room for the day ($165 plus tax) - that didnt seem worth it to me.

Found another one The Wyndham Sugar Bay - looks the nicest of the 3 to me. They do an all-inclusive day for $85/adult and $42.50/kid. Includes food, drinks and everything at hotel. The hotel pics on their website look pretty. I think we are going to do that one.

The beach here is not much' date=' very small and was rocky. The pools are very nice however. The hotel is nice, food average convention type .

Best Western Emerald Beach has very nice beach, excellent food and drink.

Give it another look!:)

B.[/quote']

Emerald Beach looks nice but they won't let us use the pool unless we rent a room for the day - just beach chairs and water sports - which is good stuff but one of my children prefers a pool and we want to have that as an option.

Surprising to hear about the beach at Wyndham Bay....looks very nice from the pics but I know that they can be deceiving! Do you happen to know if there is public transportation that we can take from the port to the hotel? Taxi is going to be $10/person - so $40 each way!!!

Any bus system that we can take?

By the time you pay for a day pass plus the per person taxi fare, it's an expensive day. I'm not sure I understand what you're getting for all that money. Have you looked at Secret Harbor? It's a condo resort - you should be able to get beach chairs if you get there early. It has rest rooms, a restaurant and snorkeling. Sapphire is a gorgeous beach and not overcrowded - also rest rooms, food on the beach, snorkeling, and water sports.

By the time you pay for a day pass plus the per person taxi fare, it's an expensive day. I'm not sure I understand what you're getting for all that money. Have you looked at Secret Harbor? It's a condo resort - you should be able to get beach chairs if you get there early. It has rest rooms, a restaurant and snorkeling. Sapphire is a gorgeous beach and not overcrowded - also rest rooms, food on the beach, snorkeling, and water sports.

Well, it is expensive, but not as expensive as doing an excursion thru carnival for 2-3 hours! With young children, we are just looking for a comfortable place where we can hang at the beach and pool all day. The good thing about wyndham is that the price includes food/drinks all day as well as their water sports and kids club. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. With kids, comfort becomes a priority!

I will check out Secret Harbor, though. Thanks for the tip! :)

Archived