Just got off the Triumph

Momma2ruby

Well, it wasnt what I expected that is for sure but hey, it was my vacation and we made it fabulous!

There were no flat screens in the room...no serenity deck.....pools were closed most of the time...(the boat rocked so much a little girl broke her arm when slammed into the wall one night)....

The big screen on Lido would have been better if they played the football games~ They scheduled some kiddie movies but they got interuppted by the baseball game and then it was all advertisements for future cruises....Would have loved to see either the games followed by kiddie movies as stated but tooo much advertisement.

Didnt see any new carpet.....Heard from people with port holes that they were filthy!! Thought for sure they would have polished her up really good but they didnt! Was hoping for a lot of wooplah when we took off on the maiden voyage but nothing!

The hot tub on the Lido deck was closed the whole time we were there...The slide was fun~

We were hoping for alot more activities on the Lido deck where we spent most of our time.

LOVED THE SPEEDO GUYS.....a group of guys who should have been the cruise director....they did an awesome job getting people up and dancing...

Heard the shows were really good.....we fell asleep in the warm room waiting for the performance to begin...

The rooms were nice and cold all night long and the deck was nice and windy and cool each night.....

Slot machines were loose....people all around us winning big.....

Food was good! We have cruised Ecstasy 2x and menu was same as John Heard has posted in the past.....Same last night performance and songs by the waiters as the previous cruises! Excellent waitstaff.....

One morning they noted that breakfast was in MDR- London room and instead they moved it to Paris...but failed to tell anyone..

Elevators were slow.....

MR Sanchos rocked!

Overall, we made the trip worth our money and truly enjoyed it! We didnt want to get off the boat....Gettting off the boat was sooo smooth!!! We were out within 30 mins....

Overall, nice 4 days and we have made plans to go on #4 next year...

Dont think the boat is polished up and brand new just because it got out of dry dock...dont know what they actually did to her but it wasnt much but it was fun to vacation and get away and enjoy the sun!

~Lisa

RACOON EYES....make sure you take off your sunglasses every once in a while since i am racooning it to work this week...and it aint pretty!!!

OK, she was looking a bit dingy when I was on her in March. No carpets replaced?

I can think of no other reason they wouldnt spiff her up and add a steakhouse (a $ maker) in the waste of space Oxford Bar while sitting there in dry dock for 2 weeks.

Did they run out of coin?:confused:

Wow....disappointing, to say the least. I am keeping an open mind, as I realize that personal reviews can be subjective.

Case in point...I recently spent a month in a hotel...I posted a review about it. The review prior to mine said that the hotel was "sorely in need of update". And it could not have been more off beat!

Not at all saying the OP is wrong or stating incorrect facts...but maybe hoping a bit. :p

Couldn't wait to hear about it as I am cruising the Triumph in Jan. Glad you still had fun! We got such a good deal that I guess I don't mind if it is not a gleaming, brand new ship, as long as the food and service were good. BTW this will be my first Carnival experience and only 2nd cruise (1st on Royal.)

Slot machines were loose....people all around us winning big.....

Food was good!

Thanks for reporting what you experienced! I haven't been on the Triumph before so I had no preconceived ideas about what needed changed. But hey, if the slots are loose and the food is good, I'm gonna have a great time! :D

Well, what did they do in 2 weeks? :confused:

I thought for sure they'd at least get new TVs.

I didn't think they would get TV as many are in box like stands. Here is what they did do:

Again, I am wondering if they simply ran over budget. :confused: As Ive posted before and I will one last time, it makes no sense to me why they wouldn't convert the waste of space Oxford bar into a pub or steakhouse (revenue maker)...

That being said, when I'm on the balcony (and I plan on spending LOTS of time there) what was done, or not done in dry dock wont matter much.

Which trip was this? I know she just took off from Galveston for the first time but did she do a transfer cruise from NOLA to Galvez? Was this the last cruise out of NO? I am curious if the show on the last night will still be the Mardi Gras show. We sailed on her Mar '10 and that was the best show I have seen on any ship! Guess it wouldnt fit in on cruises out of Galveston but perhaps they will be doing it on the Conquest now?:confused:

Headed on the Triumph in January with some friends. As long as there are cold drinks and good food then I will be fine! LOL

I told my husband last night that she didn't get the serenity area, which I was hoping for... he said, "do they still have beds and beer, because that's all I need." Kind of put it in perspective. :p

That was some pretty major mechanical maintenance on the propeller shafts and rudders. Tasks like that below the water line are the real reason for the periodic dry docks.

Some visible cosmetic repairs would have been nice use of the downtime though and I am surprised they brought her in to Galveston looking worn and dirty. :(

Which trip was this? I know she just took off from Galveston for the first time but did she do a transfer cruise from NOLA to Galvez? Was this the last cruise out of NO? I am curious if the show on the last night will still be the Mardi Gras show. We sailed on her Mar '10 and that was the best show I have seen on any ship! Guess it wouldnt fit in on cruises out of Galveston but perhaps they will be doing it on the Conquest now?:confused:

The NOLA show on Triumph was already on Triumph BEFORE it was moved to NOLA. I had to laugh when some people said well it wasnt true enough to NOLA, as if people thought it had been put on Triumph specifically for the NOLA audience. Im of the belief it was just a happy coincidence.

Shows are not changed very often ... so I would have no expectations it will be pulled just because the ship is being moved to Galveston, where many from louisianna still cruise from.

Archived