Officiant

Herbaltees

Has anyone spoken with their officiant provided with your package?

What did you think?

For those of you already married, would you recommend using an outside officiant?

My coordinator at AW4Y told me the officiants were all civil servants and I'm concerned my ceremony won't be personal.

What has been your experience?

I asked if there was anyway i could speak with the officiant and TWE told me know. They said they do not know who will be doing the ceremony until way closer to the wedding. They told me I had to wait until the day of and he/she would then meet with me before the ceremony. I am a little nervous about this too.

From what I have heard from friends who have done destination weddings, it is common not to speak to the officiant until closer to the wedding. You should be able to speak to the officiant with enough time before the wedding for him/her to have time to get to know you a bit but if not, at least with enough time to read a short note. So if there are things you would like for the officiant to know about you to add that extra personal touch, perhaps write pre write a note that speaks to who you are as a couple or each of you write a note about each other so they have that extra bit when doing the ceremony.

My nephew will be performing the ceremony for us, but not the one who will actually marry us. He is a new minister and can only marry in his church. My sister is a lawyer in Florida so she will be the one to make it legal. I can't wait to hear how my nephew will bless us with his prayers. He means the world to me and since I delivered his second baby we will trade off on our lives callings. Having this wedding be about close family and friends is just what we wanted.

Has anyone spoken with their officiant provided with your package?

What did you think?

For those of you already married, would you recommend using an outside officiant?

My coordinator at AW4Y told me the officiants were all civil servants and I'm concerned my ceremony won't be personal.

What has been your experience?

What is AW4Y? I saw this thread and I thought I'd start posting responses since I got married with a cruise line. I want to make sure I understand your post first. ;)

What is AW4Y? I saw this thread and I thought I'd start posting responses since I got married with a cruise line. I want to make sure I understand your post first. ;)

AW4Y is A wedding for you, the company contracted by carnival to execute the ceremony portion of the wedding.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

AW4Y is A wedding for you, the company contracted by carnival to execute the ceremony portion of the wedding.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Well, in that case my information may not be useful. I did my wedding with Princess. We were able to talk with the Officiant beforehand (we got off the ship and got married at a resort then had the reception onboard - so the captain didn't marry us). The Officiant called us when he was on vacation! He wanted to talk with me and my now hubby separately about our relationship. He really made our wedding very personal and we couldn't have dreamed of a better Officiant. I hope you get the same experience we did.

We met our officiant before boarding the cruise ship on embarkation day (which was when our wedding was). We had about ten minutes to talk to him and for him to tell us what would be going on and give some advice. Also, what I wasn't expecting, is the marriage license was signed right there and then and NOT on the ship or during the ceremony. He brought over our best man and maid of honor and had them sign it right there.

He was actually very good, it felt personal and I know he probably does these things a million times but it still felt like there was meaning behind what he said. He was just a really good public speaker and there sounded like there was some heart behind his words.

We met our officiant before boarding the cruise ship on embarkation day (which was when our wedding was). We had about ten minutes to talk to him and for him to tell us what would be going on and give some advice.

I had this same experience except we had more like 30 mins due to a customs issue of people disembarking. He had several options of guidelines for us to pick from or he was willing to read anything we had written or we could all write something there and then. We picked different parts of what he already had and modified it to be very personal.

I don't really remember it all, but my family said it was very beautiful (what else were they going to say tho?? LOL)

I should add that our Officiant was sooooo good that I cried at our wedding! He was so personal and really incorporated our thoughts when we had talked to him separately. We were insistent to not hear of anything that said "to death do you part" or anything about death. I just wanted to grab my to be husband and give him the biggest hug and tell him I loved him right in the middle of the ceremony.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone spoken with their officiant provided with your package? My coordinator at AW4Y told me the officiants were all civil servants and I'm concerned my ceremony won't be personal.

In Baltimore, they use three women. They all know each other and take turns. I met one of them (not the one assigned to my ceremony) when I toured the boat and she was very sweet -- reminded me of a university chaplain. You'll meet another when you tour next week. While you aren't guaranteed the person that you meet, if you click with the person, maybe you can request that they get assigned to your ceremony??? Or, if it doesn't feel right, you'll know you need to look into bringing your own.

In Baltimore, they use three women. They all know each other and take turns. I met one of them (not the one assigned to my ceremony) when I toured the boat and she was very sweet -- reminded me of a university chaplain. You'll meet another when you tour next week. While you aren't guaranteed the person that you meet, if you click with the person, maybe you can request that they get assigned to your ceremony??? Or, if it doesn't feel right, you'll know you need to look into bringing your own.

Great advice. Thank you.

Did you see my other question, directed to you, about accommodations in Bmore?

No, I totally missed it. Sorry. where was it? (or repeat question, please).

I was asking about the accommodations you offered for your OOT guests (if any) before/after the cruise.

If so, which gave you the best deal, which should we avoid, etc.

I requested a Male Officiant from TWE and Carnival when I first booked my wedding. They seemed doubtful of my request so I didn't count on it. I met my officiant right before I walked down the isle. To my surprise, TWE came through with a male officiant as I requested!! AND better still he was a Minister! I was thrilled! And he did an awesome job! So, it never hurts to ask and request what you want. Just don't count on it so your not too disappointed if it doesn't work out your way.

I requested a Male Officiant from TWE and Carnival when I first booked my wedding. They seemed doubtful of my request so I didn't count on it. I met my officiant right before I walked down the isle. To my surprise, TWE came through with a male officiant as I requested!! AND better still he was a Minister! I was thrilled! And he did an awesome job! So, it never hurts to ask and request what you want. Just don't count on it so your not too disappointed if it doesn't work out your way.

Thank you!

We found a retired catholic priest to perform our ceremony for us. The ceremony won't be considered 'catholic' by the church, but it will at least have an ordained minister of our particular faith.

Archived