Jalousie beach break ??

Boatingmom

We did the land tour a few years ago and didnt really enjoy it. Peddlers, car sickness, sulfur smells, dirt beach with fire ants and an uninformed driver. Needless to say we were not impressed with the island. I still hear great things about the island and am willing to give it another try. Maybe the wster route and Jalousie beach. Any new reviews fo this excursion??

I haven't been on a ship excursion but we went through Spencer Ambrose and had the Land & Sea tour a couple weeks ago. We do love St. Lucia and hope to go back. We took a power boat to Jalousie Beach and then around the island and back to the ship. Going around the island took quite a while as they slowed down for some photo ops.

Jalousie Beach has beautiful scenery, but the beach itself is small and the water is murky. We were disappointed with it, as I know St. Lucia has beautiful water surrounding it. It's probably the worst water I've seen in the Caribbean, I've nicknamed it JaLousy beach.

If you got carsick, you might want to make sure the tour you pick does not use a speedboat, because it really does hop the waves.

It is possible, cheaptravel, that you were visiting on a day after some recent heavy rainfall, which would have made the water murky and unclear due to runoff from the rivers and streams, etc. Usually, the water is pretty clear and snorkeling is quite good. Bummer you weren't able to see that on your trip, glad to hear you found the surrounding scenery beautiful - that is, after all, what we are known for - our stunning natural, lush scenery!

We did the land tour a few years ago and didnt really enjoy it. Peddlers, car sickness, sulfur smells, dirt beach with fire ants and an uninformed driver. Needless to say we were not impressed with the island. I still hear great things about the island and am willing to give it another try. Maybe the wster route and Jalousie beach. Any new reviews fo this excursion??

We did Spencer Ambrose Jalousie Beach Break in February. We enjoyed the ride out to the beach...he stops at some of the other sites, but the boat IS fast. The beach is lovely, right between the Pitons. The snorkeling is good. The lunch was nice and drinks (soda, water, beer) were included. I think you have to rent your snorkel gear at the beach. All in all, it was a nice day at the beach.

Archived