Cruise director

leonardray

For those of you lucky enough to be sailing with Dottie, I have one warning for you - she runs one tough Trivia game. So start studying now and don't stop until your game begins!! She was the best. Aside from great Trivia, she was fun to talk with. Amazingly, she remembers everyone's name after she speaks with you. She never passed by without calling me by name. Quite a memory, I would say.

Have a great cruise and enjoy Dottie and Tom. He's a great comedian.

Bobi

For those of you lucky enough to be sailing with Dottie, I have one warning for you - she runs one tough Trivia game. So start studying now and don't stop until your game begins!! She was the best. Aside from great Trivia, she was fun to talk with. Amazingly, she remembers everyone's name after she speaks with you. She never passed by without calling me by name. Quite a memory, I would say.

Have a great cruise and enjoy Dottie and Tom. He's a great comedian.

Bobi

I have only problem with Dottie - she is a Steeler's fan.

Go Niners!:)

She has a valid excuse for being a Steelers fan -- she was born and raised in McKeesport, PA, just a few miles from Pittsburgh, and despite now living in Florida, is devoted to her hometown. In fact, she offers a bottle of champagne (OK, sparkling wine :rolleyes:) to any passenger who is from her vicinity. Betsy won it for being from Greensburg, PA, only about 10 miles from McKeesport, and also because her cousin was mayor of McKeesport for a short time several years ago. Dottie also graduated from the State College at Indiana, PA (which is a university now), the same place where I spent the first two years of my college career, and which is only about 50 miles from Pittsburgh.

To add to the coincidences, when Tom learned we were now from rural Okeechobee, FL, he made us the butt of some friendly redneck jokes, which were accurate because early in his entertainment career, he had once played a gig at a honky tonk bar in Okeechobee and knew quite a bit about our little corner of the world.

That's the reason so many people like them -- they get personally involved with the passengers and seek out ways to relate to them. In fact, Tom studies the passenger list to get a feel about the locations of the passengers, as he did with us, and works that into his fantastic and hilarious ad libbing.

Archived