return rental, catch shuttle

smurf1635

We are returning a rental car at LAX to Fox Car Rental the morning of our cruise, this is a one way rental from Las Vegas, so I'm unsure of the lay out.

At the rental agency, will we be close to the shuttle pick up area? I am planning to be on our way to LAX, from a Long Beach area hotel by 8 AM. I am thinking that if we request shuttle pick up at 10 AM, that should get us to the port by 11 or just after considering it is the day before Thanksgiving.

Robin

If it were me (and assuming I understand your itinerary correctly), I would return the car at LAX the day before, take a shuttle from LAX to your Long Beach hotel, and then take a cab from hotel to the cruise ship terminal the following day.

As I recall, most (if not all) of the car rental agencies are "off airport" at LAX. So you have to allow extra time to take the agency's shuttle back to the airport. And isn't the day before Thanksgiving one of the busiest travel days of the year? No way I'd want to go near LAX on that day. :-)

Thank you for the input. My original plan was based on those exact thoughts... stay away from LAX the day before Thanksgiving. But..... I accidently booked a room in Long Beach (thought I was looking for San Pedro) and it was less expensive to keep the car an extra day than to shuttle from LAX to Long Beach and then Long Beach to San Pedro.

It just may be worth the extra expense. I assume a taxi is more costly than a shuttle?

Robin

Archived