My trip report: Freedom of the Seas Western 10/2-10/9/11

The Weather

Final Thoughts

Sometimes when I read through my reports, I feel they come off overly negative. Please know that I had a great time and, while there were a few more mis-steps on RCI's part this cruise than I'd of liked, they would't be enough to even cause me to hesitate booking on RCI again. I think that this is perhaps the burden of bias with a loyal cruiser ... I could be super-sunny and overlook every flaw. That doesn't make sense to me, as the point of these reports it to talk about my experiences in the hope that others might take away useful information. As a frequent cruiser, I'm not as often blinded by the shininess of the product, but I am not so far gone that I can't enjoy something that is not "perfect."

I had a good time on the Freedom, but I found her a bit underwhelming in terms of expectations. This is almost certainly due to my previous cruise on Oasis and the newness of her design and offerings. Due to my personal preferences, the Freedom and Voyager-class ships are on pretty much equal footing in terms of what I would book in the future. I'll be heading out on the Voyager at the end of December, so that hypothesis will be tested.

If anyone has any further questions, please ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability. Thank you all for reading and the positive feedback you have offered.

as someone who sailed carnival ecstasy last year do you think FOS will have more of a wow factor?