Help with which port is Roatan?

SmileEh

Good Morning.. was just in the process of booking an excursion in Isla Roatan with Rony's Independent Tours and one of the questions is.. Port Name, Port of Roatan or Mahogany Bay.. I will be sailing on the Carnival Glory porting in Isla Roatan on Thurs Jan 26, 2012.. does anybody know which port I will be docking at as my itinerary says Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan so I'm not sure?? :confused:

Mahogany Bay is where Carnival docks. It was actually built for Carnival and has many shops, food and it's own beach area. We where there 18 months ago and did use Rony's Tour and had a great day on the island. If you search Valor Reviews March 2010 you can read my review with pics of Roatan and Rony. Have a great time it was my favorite of all ports.

You will most likely dock a Mahogany Bay unless the Captain is unable to dock due to wind or see conditions. If this happens you will dock at Coxen Hole and if no room at CH you will tender.:)

If no room at CH or MBCC conditions don't permit docking, you may have an additional Fun Day at Sea instead of tendering. At present. cruisett.com shows 4 ships in Roatan on 12 Jan 12. That makes it awlfully crowded. And itineraries do change. MBCC's port schedule has the Glory and the Ryndam docked there for that day.

Archived