Waterslides Closed Carnival Wide?????

emporess

Just got off the Miracle on April 24, and the slide was open every day that I can remember.. As others have said, the slide ends on Deck 10, and not into a pool, so I didn't go up to check on its usage every day, but it was definitely operational.. :p

I was going to suggest that maybe we ought to call Carnival and hear what they have to say regarding this rash of waterslide closings, but then I thought to myself what a silly idea that would be. If 5 of us called we probably would end up getting 5 different answers from them!

See, just as I said! :( everyone is getting a different answer. I guess you won't know if it's true until you are on the ship and don't see anyone sliding down the slide!

Was going to book July cruise on Pride out of Long Beach-

2 families with children. Based on evasive answers Carnival is giving,

I just called back and got the run around and than told they would get back

to me (yeah and checks in the mail).

Being on that ship just looking at the slide would do me no good

in July heat with my kids, nieces and nephews

Thanks for the heads up from these boards

I'm sticking with RCCL. Sorry Carnival, maybe next year...

The slides were open about 75% of their operational hours on our Glory cruise last week....unfortunately, especially for my young nephews, the kiddie pool was closed for the ENTIRE WEEK.

That was a huge disappointment, as they were left to push the button on the shower and splash in the residual shower water which amounted to about 1/10 of an inch in depth.......:(

Anyone know if the Legend's slide is working?

According to most of what has been reported here, and the above posters letter from Carnival, it sounds like all of the Spirit class slides are closed... let us know when you get back... I hope it's open for you!

Just an update, my pvp called after I left a few messages and she said that the slides on legend,pride,spirit were closed for repairs TFN. The miracle is open. She's aware of the legend out of drydock, but that doesn't mean they did any repairs to the slide. I guess we will find out when she comes back. Does this bother anyone if you have a cruise booked for summer with kids? Do you think its worth changing your ship? Just curious what others think??

I'm booked on the Legend in a few weeks, and yeah, it'll bum me out, but not enough to change travel plans. I am NOT traveling with my kids, but the other "big kids" we're with might be a little disappointed. Guess we'll find out when the 4/27 people get back. *fingers crossed* I'm sure we'll find other things to entertain ourselves....

Hi, I spoke with Carnival today. They called me to wish me a HAPPY VACATION??? Well, I asked her about the slide, she said to hold and she would find out. She came back on a few times and asked me to continue to hold. When she finally came back on she said, "They had emailed their contact on the ship, the slide IS OPEN on the Legend." I told her about the discussion here, she said that this was the first she had heard about it. She said that if she heard anything different from what she told me, she would call me back. We shall see...

I know how the children of all ages enjoy the slide, myself included. So, when she called me today, I thought it was a golden opportunity to pick her brain. Hopefully she IS right! I know that we get many different answers. I did phrase my question differently though. i said 'have the slides REopened yet?' That left no room for fibbing! LOL

I go on the 5th of May, I will let you know when I get back, if that is any help to you.

Pattie

A happy vacation????? :confused: That's a new one for me! :)

Well, thanks for keeping us posted...good to know...'course you never know FOR SURE when talking to Carnival...so yeah, definitely let us know when you get back!

Archived