Waterslides Closed Carnival Wide?????

emporess

:confused: We are sailing on the Triumph out of Miami on 4/23, does anyone know if the slide on this ship has been or closed recently?? I have three active boys who are really looking forward to the slide. Thanks for the info.

:confused: We are sailing on the Triumph out of Miami on 4/23, does anyone know if the slide on this ship has been or closed recently?? I have three active boys who are really looking forward to the slide. Thanks for the info.

Hey there!

Myself along with my DD and a few other CC folks are sailing the Triumph the week before you :) Since you'll be stepping on as we step off you won't get to see any posts from us....I will be buying email time so I can communicate with my other children who will be on a different cruise with my ex-husband. If I have a chance I'll jump on the board and let you know if the slide is open!

• 3 weeks later...

Just off the Spirit. Slide was closed the entire cruise. We were told by the Hotel Director that Carnival Miami had sent out an E-Mail stating that due to a lawsuit all slides were to be closed until further notice. Makes me angry that other ships have it operating.

Still sounding like it's all the Spirit class ships that have the slide closed... Probably has something to do with the sloppy design... they should have just stuck with the waterslide design they had on the Fantasy class ships... what a concept, they actually go into a POOL :eek:

In 3 Carnival cruises over 5 1/2 years on the Triumph, Spirit and Victory for a total of 25 days I have yet to see the slide open for more than a couple hours 1x on the Triumph back in 1999 and the weather was perfect.

I was going to suggest that maybe we ought to call Carnival and hear what they have to say regarding this rash of waterslide closings, but then I thought to myself what a silly idea that would be. If 5 of us called we probably would end up getting 5 different answers from them!

We just got off the Spirit today and the waterslide was closed the ENTIRE cruise. A staff member from the Purser's Office told me that Carnival is in a lawsuit and they closed all of the waterslides a week and a half ago on all of the Carnival ships. Anyone heard anything?????

We just got off the Inspiration last Thursday. The water slide was open the entire cruise.

We were on the 4/17 Pride sailing. I was a little peeved about the slide being closed, as my 5 y/o did nothing but talk about how excited he was about the waterslide.

I went to the pursers office to inquire. I was told that they are closed on all Spirit Class ships TFN. I asked if there was a pending lawsuit and she winked and said "I no idea".

If there was something Carnival was going to close, why did it have to be the waterslide?

My votes for places to close would go to: 1. Carnival Vacation Club - major waste of space 2. All of the stupid photo background stations they set up EVERY night - Especially the Titanic staircase. Who would want their photo in front of a fake staircase from a doomed ocean liner? 3. My biggest vote for closing would be: The MOUTH of Steve the Cruise Director. Could he have made any more pointless announcements with LIGHTLY veiled sales pitches? He had to be the most annoying cruise director I've ever encountered. The last guy on the Pride, Greg Kneale was far better. The current doofus Steve Whateverhisnameis isn't even in the same league!

The Inspiration should be fine, as it is not a Spirit class ship... however, there is no guarantee the slide on any ship one be closed... but in looking at all of these posts, it is very obvious that the ships affected are only the Spirit class.

:confused: just got off the phone with Carnival Agent (0900 on 4/26/05)-

they put me on hold and spoke with customer service.

According to Carnival- ALL slides (including Spirit Class) are

fully operational. They had NO information on ANY of their ships

slides being closed!

Could Carnival be that bold in lying to its customers?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

LOL, I would imagine that the PVP's have NO IDEA about the slides... they are sitting in a building in Miami and most have never cruised... you can call Carnival 15 times and get 15 different answers. It's very obvious from the posts in these threads that the Spirit class ships slides have been closed... I'd take the words of people that had actually been on the ships over those that are taking orders at Carnival... Carnival does not seem to inform these people too much about the "goings on" on the ships... They would likely be dangerous with too much information LOL.

I wonder why just the Spirit class ships? Only the Holiday and Fantasy class slides actually empty into the pools. All Destiny, Conquest and Spirit class slides are built basically the same way and do not empty into the pools.

I have found that you can call Carnival five times and get five different answers. Carnival also has two different call centers. One in south Florida and one in Colorado or one of the states out there. They have no idea most of the time what is going on board the ships.

I just called customer service 1-800-929-6400, and I explained that on cc we know the slide has been shut down for sometime. I wanted to know if it would be working this summer for the kids to enjoy. If it were just my husband and I cruising I wouldn't care, and I realize it could shut down during high winds. I explained If this was the case I would like to switch to a different ship befor I start getting penalized for any changes. She told me to use my own discretion, and perhaps my pvp could help me. I don't think we are gone to get a straight answers. Anyway if I ever get in touch with my pvp, I'll let you know.

Archived