Basketball Court on the Dawn

Not such a crazy question, IMHO. We will be on the Dawn this Sunday, and I have been debating whether to bring a basketball because my 15 year old son is a HARDCORE player. If there is not a good basketball available, he will be scaling the walls!

Bob823

Norweigan Dawn - 4/11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

On the Sea last week they started with 5-6 balls. They do lock them up in a recreation box from @11:30pm till @ 8 AM. A couple of the balls are in real good shape, they use those for the 3 on 3 tournaments, free throw contests, etc. By the end of last week, 2 of the balls were pretty well torn up, bubbles on them, worn out, probably due somewhat to the "textured" paint they use on the deck there, along with abuse by some passengers.

Life is short,,cruises even shorter!!

s_016.gif

smiley_kousto.gifsmiley_kousto.gifsmiley_kousto.gif

CCL Fantasy 05/92

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 06/01

NCL Sea 03/27/04

jimmybuffet.jpg

Thanks for the quick responses..

BOB823 i am jealous you are leaving sunday we are not going til july...but with 7 teenage boys in our group the most important question is "do we need to bring our basketball"? Enjoy your trip, maybe we should just bring the ball!!!!

It would probaby be a good idea to bring a deflated basketball and a pin or two in our luggage (we have about 8 of them anyway). My son is very picky about what ball he uses.

Oh yeah! Three days!!

Bob823

Norweigan Dawn - 4/11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I just returned from the Dawn on the 11th and for those who like a good game of basketball will be very disapointed. First, the balls they have are the worst I've ever seen. They were misshapen and had no grip at all. Secondly, the net that is stretched over the entire court is five, maybe ten feet above the rim. Which means if you shoot with any kind of arc, that your shot will hit the net. However, with all those minuses, there was still a crowd of at least twenty people waiting to play on Saturday.

Rick

I was going to say that too. Last week (with so many kids) at one point there were 2 sets of teams waiting to play. Also, it can be extremely windy up there!

Monarch of the Seas 6/94

Majesty of the Seas 6/96

Galaxy 8/02

Norwegian Dawn 4/04

well if i were those boys i DEFINITELY WOULD BRING MY OWN BALL.

heck if there were bowling alleys on the cruiseships i'd bring my bowling balls!!!

might wanna buy a new one for home and bring the older ball with you on the cruise...i know it's netted and all...but who knows.

i was on the Wind 2 weeks ago and the court was netted only around the perimeter...nothing on top to prevent the ball from bouncing over (if for some reason an errant shot hit the back of the iron or the top of the backboard.)

diver_floating_md_clr.gif

WE ARE...PENN STATE! Biology '94

http://photos.yahoo.com/zonehph2002

click on NORWEGIAN WIND 20040327 (03/27/2004 sailing)

Archived