NCL Breakaway April 30, 2013

RMS Olympic

:)On the evening of 30th April we will all be sailing through this stretch of water aboard the Norwegian Breakaway. I took this photo this afternoon looking across The Solent towards Ryde (Isle of Wight) from Stokes Bay (Hampshire). I hope it is a little warmer on the 30th than it was this afternoon' date=' just 12C.[/size']:eek:

Current forecast is around 14C midday and about 10C when we set sail

Hey, hey,

It's been a distracting week. However, in the interest of providing a service to my fellow Cruise Critics, I thought I'd take a stab at summarizing the two roll call threads:

• Number of messages in the main roll call thread -- 4801
  • Number of messages dealing with meet and mingle signups, confirmations, acknowledgments, reconfirmations, acknowledgments, and huffy cancellations -- 4699
  • Number of messages referencing "biscuits" -- 87
  • Remainder -- 15
  • Afficianos of Grey Goose Vodka -- 3
  • Members planning to smuggle aboard 3 liters of chemically identical $4.99/bottle Popov vodka, rum runners, an empty Grey Goose bottle, a Brita charcoal filter and a conviction that nobody will be the wiser -- 1
  • Individuals posting in the FOD thread, personally or by proxy -- 49
  • Transatlantic virgins -- 8
  • Number of yanks who think "watching the footy" must be some exotic flavor of British kink -- 12
  • Messages in both threads speculating about the weather -- 102
  • Historical reliability of weather predictions 10 days hence -- 15%
  • Deviation at greatest point from Titanic course -- 65km
  • Number of members secretly planning to sneak up to the bow at 4am to recreate Titanic "I'm flying" scene -- unknown
  • Days until embarkation -- 9

pex/Karl

Karl, I love it! Let me add:

• Number of private emails received accusing me of "stealing" the T-shirt design: 9

After a couple of drinks, I'll have some stories to tell... :)

- Mike :-)

The other message board has the most pre-cruise drama that I have ever seen. It's a good thing that Erika and I are buying the unlimited drink package so I can deal with those folks.

I can't believe that we leave for England on Thursday night to have a weekend of fun in London and meet up with some of our English friends.

Erika's a GREAT friend who always goes to my house to walk my dogs in the afternoons when I have to work late; so I was glad to bring her on this cruise as my way to say thanks for all she does for them.

I look forward to many late-nights hanging at the club with all of you.

Have any lesbians chimed-in yet? I'd love for some diversity at our gatherings.

Mike, others - love the photo. Mike - do you go to Asbury Park at the Jersey Shore? Again, looking forward to gathering and meeting some for the first time (finally), others - it will be great seeing you again. This crossing is only 7 days - make it fun. Paul and I (just friends -and available - oops! no advertising) arrive in London on Friday morning, traveling to Southampton on Monday with "Drewdy." Please travel safely everyone. hugs.

Mike, others - love the photo. Mike - do you go to Asbury Park at the Jersey Shore? Again, looking forward to gathering and meeting some for the first time (finally), others - it will be great seeing you again. This crossing is only 7 days - make it fun. Paul and I (just friends -and available - oops! no advertising) arrive in London on Friday morning, traveling to Southampton on Monday with "Drewdy." Please travel safely everyone. hugs.

I still haven't made it to Asbury (or as I jokingly call it, "ass-bury"). I don't go to the beach too often, but when I do I head south to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware.

See you in a week!

- Mike :-)

Here is the forecast pressure map for Monday 29th. The forecast for Southampton is cold (12C/54F), cloudy but dry. Once the Tuesday pressure map is published I will copy to the thread,

The last 3 days in Woodlands, just outside Southampton and where I am now, has been very warm (21C):) with sun after a cloudy start. Today looks to be the same but it seems that it is going to be all changed by the weekend:(.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/22286970

130429.jpg.ea07c52a63d63d15645c7000f232ea3a.jpg

BBC weather updated to 14C and Sun..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637487

Such is the British weather, it cannot be forecast with too much accuracy:o and so there have been a few changes. Monday looks like being a cold, windy and cloudy day:( but for our departure Tuesday seems as though it will be sunny, cool (14C) but without too much breeze:). And our first full day at sea we will be sailing into an area of high pressure:D.

130429.jpg.d9e1028d9443db469b38ec83ff26d4e9.jpg

130430.jpg.dcda707d24b566aeb88dca9122bbe48d.jpg

130501.jpg.fde16be2a830ad7060b042dd3ddf2352.jpg

Hey guys, see you all on board. We assume there will be a gathering posted in the daily bulletin. Otherwise, maybe some of us will find each other at the main meet & greet gathering. Looking forward to it! Please, give us some outdoor pool weather!

Apparently up the road from the Duke of Wellington is the titanic pub.

It's write up:

Pleasant backstreet boozer situated in the Bugle Street conservation area. Usually 2-3 real ales on from the Greene King stable (Ruddles, IPA, Abbot etc.) the pub is always spotlessly clean and nicely done up. Run by a chap well known on the gay scene David Moss, the pub attracts an n eclectic mix of clientele including staff from the nearby council offices, local residents, shoppers and unsurprisingly given the landlords leanings, a few left footers!

A few of us on this thread arranged to meet the night before in The London Hotel. I know most people are either already in the UK or on route but I copy here an earlier posting I made regarding the GLBT scene in Southampton. I am meeting friends for dinner in Prezzo in Oxford Street at about 0800hrs so I hope to see some of you after 21hrs in the London Hotel;)

It is true, Southampton does not have much of a LGBT scene. Just 3 dance and bar venues I think plus the gay Pink Broadway sauna. Of course, as the night before the cruise commencement is a Monday probably not any of these places will be busy. For early to mid evening The London Hotel is by far the best venue situated in Oxford Street. I believe a few of us from this thread will be meeting up there ahead of the cruise.

Here are a few links to the London including a map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=The+Lo...ngdom&t=m&z=16

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/leisure/p...Oxford_Street/

http://www.the-london.co.uk/

http://pink-broadway.com/

Well I'll be in the Duke Of Wellington to start with, not sure if I'll wander as far the London Hotel, my hotel is in the opposite direction :).

Safe travelling everyone and maybe I'll bump into some of you onboard!!

Really the London Hotel is not far from the Duke of Wellington .... 10 minutes slow walk at the most and 20 minutes from the hotels. Try and come along if you get time.

Really the London Hotel is not far from the Duke of Wellington .... 10 minutes slow walk at the most and 20 minutes from the hotels. Try and come along if you get time.

Duke is 20 mins from my hotel near the station, I'm meeting some of my friends from previous cruises there so will see what happens with them, would be a bit rude to dump them and run.. But if they disappear I might pop over..

Archived