Cloud vs whisper

torst

We were on the Whisper, shortly after its drydock last year. We very much enjoyed our first Silversea experience and are considering a cruise on the Cloud. What is the current condition of the Cloud, are there other things to be consider in planning on cruise on the smaller, older ship?

We were on the Whisper, shortly after its drydock last year. We very much enjoyed our first Silversea experience and are considering a cruise on the Cloud. What is the current condition of the Cloud, are there other things to be consider in planning on cruise on the smaller, older ship?

I'll answer after Jan 7 cruise on the Cloud.

The Cloud & Wind are my favorites. Yes, the bathrooms are smaller, shower in the tub. Really, who goes on a cruise for the bathroom? The Cloud has not been refurbished for awhile but she is so well maintained that someone remarked...Capt Pontillo is being penalized for maintaining the ship so well! She will be all updated next year but I will go back before then! It is an elegant little ship and the crew is fantastic. Give it a go and enjoy!

My wife and I will also be on the January 7 Cloud departure and will give you an update after. Our last (and first) SS experience was the Whisper about 7 years ago and we loved it.

Archived