Dining on the Spirit question

mjl1960

I see that I am showing early dining, but I also know that the Spirit had the "your time" dining. Do they have both, or am I going to have to be seated at a different table every evening?

If you are infact at early dining check your SS card to verify.. then you will be at the same table... I am not sure if the Spirit has anytime.. but they will be in a separate area if they do

Thanks. I really like knowing where, and who I am sitting with each night. Guess I am not that adventurous. Another thing about the anytime dining, I have to wonder if the service would be as good, since you have a different server each night. I usually tip above the prepaid gratuities at the end of the cruise for good service, and I would think that the servers in the anytime section would miss out on that opportunity.

Thanks. I really like knowing where, and who I am sitting with each night. Guess I am not that adventurous. Another thing about the anytime dining, I have to wonder if the service would be as good, since you have a different server each night. I usually tip above the prepaid gratuities at the end of the cruise for good service, and I would think that the servers in the anytime section would miss out on that opportunity.

The only response I can come up with to your response.. is stop wondering if you haven't or don't want to try it... if you would like to try it.. you can request a table for 2 or however many are in your party each evening and you can ask for the same servers... so until you actually venture out and try it.. stop wondering.. only causes what ifs.. Have a great cruise:D

The only response I can come up with to your response.. is stop wondering if you haven't or don't want to try it... if you would like to try it.. you can request a table for 2 or however many are in your party each evening and you can ask for the same servers... so until you actually venture out and try it.. stop wondering.. only causes what ifs.. Have a great cruise:D

Yeah like us, we have always just had late dining, which we loved because it allowed us to do our stuff in the late afternoon that we wanted to do. But then we heard about your time dining, and us being adventurous we thought what the heck. You don't know if you like it or not, till you try it.

I have heard though that if you do get a server that you like, you can request them the other nights that you return. That's what I will be doing when we do "your time dining" next week. I don't know how the tips work though if you get a different server every night.

This is what we do. You won't be at the same table, but you will be seated in the waiter's section.

ATD on the Spirit is upstairs.

I have had as good or better service in ATD then in set dining. The good thing about ATD is if you don't like your waitstaff one night, you don't have to sit in their section the next night. With set dining, you are stuck with the same waitstaff the whole cruise.

Archived