Cruise review - Sensation Oct. 2 - 5 to Bahamas baby!

6 of us

We went with friends who never have cruised before, 2 other couples, so that was so fun!

We got to the port at 10:30 & were standing in the Buffet line with our DOD by 11:45. Port Canaveral is the easiest embarkation & debarkation port I have ever been to.

So, I can't post pics because I don't know how to get them in here other than the tiny little ones. Sorry, so this will be brief because w/o pics... boring!

We sailed during a transition time, many said the regulars were on their 2 week vaca & then off to a new assignment. We had a female CD named Jamie (I think). She was very nice, stopped & talked to everyone all the time. She said she is the fill in for the rotation times. Interesting how they keep things moving 24/7 on those ships!

The family comedy show was so - so... not super hilarious.

The food was yummy!! The Sensation could use a paint job here & there, but all & all, it is good! We were just on the Sensation in May also, fun boat. They keep it very clean!

We stayed way on the back of the ship this time because that was recommended since our friends thought they might get sea sick, I will NEVER do that again. Every time they switched gears (haha), made a turn, backed up, sped up or slowed down, the engines vibrated us all over the place LOL. Hard to stay in the shower jiggling around like that! I like the middle or front of the ship. But hey, we didn't die, just didn't sleep as long as I would have liked :p

The shows were good, that show called Curves, they announced that it was PG13, but no way I would let my teens see that show, that would be way to much of a visual lesson:eek:... ehem! haha.

Two days into the cruise, I was the rest room by the photos & a carnival employee came running in pueking like a dog. UGH!! Two days after that, I was pueking like a dog. I have never gotten sick from a cruise. It was no fun lemme tell ya!

One thing I noticed is that they didn't have live calypso music on the lido deck by the pool like I have always experienced in the past. A few times they would have a gentleman sing, but mainly they just played 80's/90's music from tracks. Maybe the band was on their break too.

Freeport, not crazy fun, but we enjoyed seeing someplace new & now I know not to get off the boat there :D. Nassau, went to junkanoo beach just like we did this past May & this time it had a good bit of broken glass, so just beware of that. :( The straw market is all crammed into 1 side of the street, the vendors spent a lot of time yelling at each other, guess they need some time away from each other.

Fun cruise, great service, great rooms, great common areas! If you are cruising soon on the Sensation, the tummy bug germs are surely gone by now, it is a great ship! Have fun!

glad to hear you enjoyed it. i'm taking my 12 yr old daughter over christmas. our first cruise ever and i like reading about everyone's experience. thanks for posting. it makes me feel like i've made the right decision

Is he the one that says, " YOU LOOK MAAAVALOUS" ? :D If so, then yes :D

No.. thats Ricardo.. we just got off the Sensation on Thursday the 13th.. loved it.. and it was so funny how the Maitre'd said "you look maaaavalous" every night.. :)

glad to hear you enjoyed it. i'm taking my 12 yr old daughter over christmas. our first cruise ever and i like about everyone's experience. thanks for posting. it makes me feel like i've made the right decision

YES you are!! My daughter was 11 on her 1st cruise, was a little shy when she went to the 1st teen club event, but the carnival people are so kind & move fast so she was so busy & distracted she forgot about being shy! The 2nd cruise, she was 13 & just raved about the teen club, she made friends that she still keeps in touch with over a year later. Of course, our kids did all kinds of stuff with us too :D If she doesn't do the teen club stuff, you 2 will have a ball. Check out the Fun Times every morning ( they leave it in your room the night before) & be sure you circle all the things you guys want to do that day. Supa fun!! I am excited for ya! I can't wait to take my kids with me on another cruise We all love it. If you are are worried about sea sickness, take a vitamin called Ginger Root with you. YOu take it every meal, no side effects at all. Works EXCELLENT!!

i'm stocked up on the ginger already. i have the essential oil and will take some organic snaps too. i have a feeling my daughter will love the kids club and will no doubt make lots of friends and keep herself very busy and engage in all the activities. she's reserved, not shy, but very social and likes to keep herself occupied. we are 2 nights at disney after the Sensation. looking forward to this and hope to have a wonderful 'escape' and making some memories we can look back on with a smile. i'm surprising her with this cruise/vacation on christmas eve when we drive into the airport to catch our flight to orlando.

Archived