Past guest Party on Carnival

paddy Anne

They sell half priced raffle tickets that you can use to enter to win a cruise.

They give away a free bottle of champagne if your name is called, not a free cruise.

someone is indulging in wishfull thinking.

hahahah maybe that's what they meant. When do they give away the cruise? What do you mean 1/2 price tickets? Compared to non past guests who buy them?

hahahah maybe that's what they meant. When do they give away the cruise? What do you mean 1/2 price tickets? Compared to non past guests who buy them?

I think the raffle tickets are usually $1 each and they sell 20 for $10 or some such. Several people on CC have actually said they bought like $50 worth and won, one said she won twice.

The last night of the cruise there is a drawing. Used to be before or after legends performance.

Its often so crowded, if you get a 2nd drink, consider yourself lucky. I find the farewell party easier to get free drinks at if that is your goal.

Is it worth it to go Firefly? Maybe just at the end? How long does it usually last?

cheers

Is it worth it to go Firefly? Maybe just at the end? How long does it usually last?

cheers

I dont always go. I enjoy seeing the movie and clapping and all that stuff though. I dont go for the drinks and since I always seem to get the 5 pm invite and have dinner at 6 pm, I usually dont touch the finger snacks.

Go for the party .. but not expecting a lot of drinks. You can dance too if you have someone to dance with. They band will play for a while before they come out and do the drawing and the spiel and show the movie with a picture of all the ships you clap if you were on that ship.

I was on the Inspiration last week. The past guest party was never advertised anywhere, but my husband received a formal invitation in our room the night before.

We sat near the front of the room. We had four drinks each and could have easily gotten more. There were. Six choices of drinks. They were mixed strong.

There were only a few appetizers and they were small. The servers were also a bit stingy with them.

There wasn't really a show. Just some band music beforehand, then some words from the CD, then a short towel animal movie about the ships. The CD picked one guest to win a bottle of champagne, plus one little girl who was given a stuffed bear.

Some lottery tickets were sold for $10 and came with 5 free raffle tickets.

It was worth going to for the free drinks. Otherwise, it wasn't very exciting.

We are going to be on the Valor (11/27/11) and was wondering about the times that they

have the past guest party. Are they still having one for the early dining seating and another for the late seating dinner quests?? We are long time Carnival cruisers (17 cruises)

and have always enjoyed these parties with some free drinks!! Thanks. John & Priscilla

They sell half priced raffle tickets that you can use to enter to win a cruise.

They give away a free bottle of champagne if your name is called, not a free cruise.

someone is indulging in wishfull thinking.

On my last cruise they did give away a free cruise! You didn't have to buy anything to win!

I dont always go. I enjoy seeing the movie and clapping and all that stuff though. I dont go for the drinks and since I always seem to get the 5 pm invite and have dinner at 6 pm, I usually dont touch the finger snacks.

Go for the party .. but not expecting a lot of drinks. You can dance too if you have someone to dance with. They band will play for a while before they come out and do the drawing and the spiel and show the movie with a picture of all the ships you clap if you were on that ship.

I went once out of the 12 CCL cruises I have taken and as luck would have it the movie broke so the CD just named each ship in the fleet. (YAWN) lol

Bill

Its often so crowded, if you get a 2nd drink, consider yourself lucky. I find the farewell party easier to get free drinks at if that is your goal.

We tipped the waiter 5$ after the first drink and he brought us plenty after that.

We just got off the Pride and when we attended the past guest party, they were offering the free drinks and appetizers....also, we had the option or ordering any drink we wanted...we did not have to stay with what they were bringing...wine, beer, soda and any other alcocholic drink was available for the asking...I ended up have 5 drinks...lol...made dinner fun !

We are going to be on the Valor (11/27/11) and was wondering about the times that they

have the past guest party. Are they still having one for the early dining seating and another for the late seating dinner quests?? We are long time Carnival cruisers (17 cruises)

and have always enjoyed these parties with some free drinks!! Thanks. John & Priscilla

You are thinking of the captains formal party. They no longer do these parties- drinks are now $1.00 off during certain hours-- 5pm til 8pm.

Past guest parties are different from week to week. depending on the number of people. whats going on---etc.

I will be on my 4th carnival cruise this week. I have never received a formal invitation to a past guest party in my room. If I don't get one (AGAIN) how can we go?

We noticed that they were guarding the door pretty closely and asking for the invitations. In 6 cruises with Carnival, this is the first time we received invitations. It was fun !

Archived