Would you warn anyone about anything on their first (Princess) cruise?

Coral

I would not mention the food, as that is such a personal preference issue.

I might suggest that they be sure to have breakfast or lunch in the Dining room at least part of the time. A lot of first time cruisers don't know that is an option.

I would also tell them to be sure to catch some of the productions shows in the Princess Theater, but be sure to arrive no later that 1/2 an hour before curtain to get good seats.

I would not warn them about any of the so-called negatives sometimes discussed on this board. I, for one, don't acknowledge any of these negatives. I always go with a positive attitude, eat in the buffet for most breakfasts and many lunches, drink the coffee as much as I drink any coffee, etc. I think part of the perceived "problems" is the mindset of the cruisers. And forewarning is partly to blame for the mindset.

That said, I recently helped a young couple arrange their first cruise, and they are probably cruising because of my enthusiasm for cruising, so I feel a little responsible -- they chose Carnival because the fare was lower -- and what I did warn them about was keeping tabs on their bill by checking at the purser's desk periodically. I know this couple, and they are definitely party people -- I don't want them to drink more than they can afford and have an ugly surprise at the end of the cruise.

I would not warn, but caution, them to read the descriptions in the shore excursion booklet very carefully.

When the description says "places you'll visit"..that means you'll actually stop and tour that place.

When the description says "places you'll see"..that means you could just be doing a drive by..or maybe a quick stop to take a picture.

It's a very thin line but can make all the difference in what you actually get to experience.

I think everyone's cruise experience is unique. I would tell them to keep an open mind and remember they are on vacation. I would give them tips on shopping, what deals to look for, and maybe what(ports of call) lecture's to try sit in on. Maybe warn them about the matri'd (sp) announcing breakfast, lunch and dinner for 7 days, 3x's a day!: ) Oh, and the muster drill experience.

Importantly, tell them to have a great vacation. A cruise is like no vacation on earth!!

Guest Jaxmania

I would not warn them about the food or coffee but I would warn them about all the black suitcases they will see during disembarkation, probably just like their suitcases, and suggest they put something on their luggage that makes it easy to identify. Also, name and address on inside and outside of luggage. Hand carry anything fragile or valuable off the ship.

Then I'd tell them they are going to have the time of their life and I want to hear all about it when they get back.

Archived