Trying to Coordinate Family

livingskies78

Are you asking for suggestions on how to coordinate your whole family (sounds like two boys and a girl), you and your husband?

If you want to coordinate to the dresses your daughter has, I think the nicest would be your husband and sons in tuxedos or dark suits, and one black dress and one silver for you. You could wear the black dress when your daughter wears her navy with black, and wear a silver one when she wears the shimmery silver and black one.

It would be understated and elegant.

I'm glad you stated coordinate, I can hardly stand it when people try to match. I know a whole lot of people think it's cute...I thing my distaste for it comes from my childhood, my mom always dressed my sister and I alike...and we weren't twins.

I typically put the guys in black, and just have my daughter and I wear dresses that don't clash. I do have my husbands tie at least have a bit of the same color as my dress, but not too obvious. I pay attention to details like, should the guys shirts be white or ivory, things like that.

Even when we're going out not on a cruise, if my husband or I look at each other and we're too "matchy" one of us will change clothes.

I agree with the above post. Don't try to color coordinate everyone. Instead, just make sure that your colors are complimentary to each other.

What doesn't look good is if you've got one person in a pastel pink next to someone else in pumpkin orange next to someone else in Chrismas red next to someone else in bright purple next to someone else in navy blue.

I have a friend who is a photographer for a well known national family photography studio and she says it's best to keep everyone in a color "family." So put everyone in pastels, or jewel tones, or autumn colors for example as opposed to try and make everyone identical. According to her, the ony way identical works well is if everyone is in jeans and bright white shirts.

how do you post pictures

Either link to a site where you have posted your photos (I use webshots; my husband uses photobucket) or use the "manage attachments" function (below your dialog box when posting) to upload a small photo file from your computer.

I don't do matchy-matchy with my husband. Ever. Thank god a tuxedo goes with everything:p

Having everyone wear a solid color (no prints or stripes) will go a long way!

I have to disagree with this, just a little bit. For our professional photos with the kids (not cruise ship photos) I will coordinate 3 of us in solids (never the same colors, but complimentary colors), with one person in a print. It was usually my daughter, when she was little and I got to select her clothes.

We've had tons of professional photos taken over the years, in every one of them we're not all in solid colors. The walls of my office, bedroom and a couple photos in the living room all have them. Not many of them from cruise ships (I put those in an album). Cruise ship photos are a bargain in comparison to professional photography, so go for it if you don't have photos done every year or two at home.

I have to disagree with this, just a little bit. For our professional photos with the kids (not cruise ship photos) I will coordinate 3 of us in solids (never the same colors, but complimentary colors), with one person in a print. It was usually my daughter, when she was little and I got to select her clothes.

We've had tons of professional photos taken over the years, in every one of them we're not all in solid colors. The walls of my office, bedroom and a couple photos in the living room all have them. Not many of them from cruise ships (I put those in an album). Cruise ship photos are a bargain in comparison to professional photography, so go for it if you don't have photos done every year or two at home.

I agree, that sounds pretty, especially if there's only one person in the picture in a print and it's a child.

And I should probably clarify, I didn't mean you should all wear the same color. Coordinating (or at least similar intensity) solids is the way to go!

Archived