How do I prepay gratuities before boarding?

CatieLadie

DH and I are setting sail on our honeymoon cruise in a week from tomorrow. So that we can better budget our spending money, I'd like to prepay the gratuities before we go. I know this is possible (at least that's what my TA says) but she hasn't gotten back to me on how I can actually do it. I'd also like to purchase the soda package and maybe make a specialty restaurant reservation ahead of time as well. Are these possible and if so, how's it done?

This cruisin' newbie thanks you!

Your TA can set it up for you to prepay. Soda package is available through the Bon Voyage section of the NCL website. It's just as easy to do it after you sail though and save the tax.

Reservations for dining must be done onboard and only 24 hours in advance.

Enjoy your Honeymoon.

I don't know about if the soda packages will be on the bill or not as I never buy it. But when we prepaid our gratuities on the last cruise they weren't on the bill. I really liked not having all those entries daily on there so my final bill was on one page.:)

The 'gratuities' (real name is Daily Service Charge) can be paid with the final payment. Simply ask your TA to have them added to your pending final payment.

We did that so that our DSC would be on a different billing period than our shipboard purchases. The bill was much shorter also since the DSC wasn't shown at all.

Archived