update on jacket from china

Cozzette2

I had asked earlier if anyone had used an Ebay site with clothes from China. No one had so I decided to try one item since the shipping was free and the Jacket was less than $30.

Well the jacket arrived and it is a nice fabic, nicely made but very small. I am a size 10 and ordered an xtra large but they only sent a large. My sister tried it on and she is a size 8 and the large was small on her as well.

That being said, I like the jacket and the speed of delivery well enough to order another in a much larger size:D

I can still wear the jacket that I got but it won't be buttoned down the front but still looks cute as an open jacket.

Kris

I was in Hong Kong last month. I wear a 0/2 but I felt like a cow next to the women there! While shopping, I noticed a lot of things were sized large, and underneath it stated "US size medium." In some cases I saw a large that said "US size small." I had a couple dresses made while I was there. It was great...they took all my measurements and created the dress. The dresses are very well made and fit perfectly!

Thanks for the sizing tip. I guess it will be a little trial and error. Having custom made would be awesome.

I had a sister in law that went to China and came back with a custom made jacket that she wore to formal night. It was so gorgeous and kind of inspired me to try ordering something for myself. Once I get the size locked in it will be a breeze.

Kris

About six years ago we spent a week in Bali, Indonesia, and another in Singapore. While there I purchased several batik print dresses in rayon and some silk dresses. In the US I wear a size 6 or 8 (medium) but I ended up having to buy everything in size large and even an extra large, which I then altered the shoulders on.

The women are very slender and petite and the sizes definitely are smaller than here. However, the dresses are all very well made and the fabrics are unique and beautiful.

Plus my DH also bought a couple shirts in the exact same fabrics, and we look pretty good together in matching prints.;)

It's hard for anyone "normal" size to buy clothing in Asia. A few years ago DH and I were in Saigon and I wanted one of those outfits with the long, fairly loose pants and the long (tunic like) top with the oriental collar, covered buttons, etc - for the life of me, I can't come up with the correct name for them right now - I will probably remember around 3:00 am!

Anyway, I am not that tall (5'6") but have long long legs so I look taller than I really am. I wear a US size 10 which I think is pretty normal. Everywhere we went in Asia, I tried to get one of those silk outfits....and everywhere I went, the little Asian shop ladies would giggle and say "Oh no! You too fatty!" I mean every single shop we went in too! So, according to them, i am just too fatty to wear one of those outfits.

Way to make my day..........Not! :eek:

That is pretty funny, darn tiny Asians:D I too am a 10 and I feel pretty big compared to the little tiny girl who does my pedicures. She also looks about 12, how unfair is that?

Well, one more try on the jacket and then maybe i will be inspired to make my own.

I have a dear friend at work who is Chinese. She is teeny tiny, probably a size 0 or 2 at the most, I wouldn't be surprised if she's smaller than that, her clothing is usually baggy. Yet, when she visits home they tease her about being fat. So, she thinks she's fat.

I'd love to be an American size 12 or 14 again! Even if I lose more weight, just the fact that the skin is loose will keep me from ever getting into those sizes again. I wonder what size I'd wear in China :eek:

I am 5' 2" , 105 -107 pounds and generally a size 2 or 3 petite. While trying on clothing in Singapore, I literally got STUCK in a dress that said it was a LARGE! I was starting to panic a bit as I could not get the turtleneck collar up over my head and my arms were then restricted - kind of like being born, I guess. I eventually got help from 2 exceedingly sweet sales women and we had a laugh about it.

Archived