75 members have voted

1. 1. Mystery Cruise

• YES...sounds like fun
    • NO ...I like to know the port stops ahead of time
    • Maybe..could be interesting & fun

Pretty close results :)

Looks like a few adventurous people out there

I think a mystery cruise would work best in the Caribbean

Adventurous? LOL. Adventurers spend nights in lesser known hotels (or tents) in places where English isn't spoken by everyone.

They don't cruise the Caribbean surrounded by several hundred cruisers.

The "Mystery Cruise" might be fun, but adventurous? Uh-uh.

Adventurous? LOL. Adventurers spend nights in lesser known hotels (or tents) in places where English isn't spoken by everyone.

To each his own

spending a night in a tent anywhere is not adventurous to me :eek:

Just plain silly IMO

• 2 weeks later...
I think a mystery cruise would work best in the Caribbean

Not so well in Europe, you really need to plan for those ports

I disagree - you could still spend an enjoyable day anywhere in Europe without too much planning (just as long as there is a shuttle offered into town) - keeping in mind, anyone booking for a mystery cruise is already ready to accept whatever comes their way.

I love the idea. And love J&S's name for the cruise: Que Sera Sera cruise.

Many years ago, Qantas offered mystery flights (including overnight(s) stops). Once booked and paid for, you could choose to find out where you were flying to 24 hrs beforehand... if you wanted. For us, it was a cheap way to see our capital cities and we availed ourselves of it on numerous occasions, flying from Sydney to Perth, for example, at a fraction of the cost. [back then, it was cheaper for us to fly to Hawaii (and they threw in accommodation) than it was for us to fly to Perth!!]

So, the Que Sera Sera cruise will be a fraction of the cost of a normal cruise. ;)

This would be great for those people who really like cruising (for some people, itinerary is a secondary factor when choosing a cruise). And if you don't like the port, stay on board.

Now if they'll offer free flights for us Aussies as well [better make it business class... then we won't care what the climate - we'll be able to take enough luggage to be prepared for anything] -- then I don't care if they don't tell me the starting point or ending point. Just so long as they tell me where we are docking/tendering in the Currents the night before we dock. Add some OBC and they can tell me at breakfast!:p

PS: Pre-cruise accommodation must be 5 star, of course :D

It certainly is..... unless it is over ones daybed at the Ritz Carlton pool

I'll leave that "roughing it" nonsense to the boy scouts

Glad I am not the only one who does not enjoy roughing it :D

One has never camped until you've spent a night at Grand Canyon in 22 degree weather with 30 exchange students (about half from tropical countries), then wake up with an inch of ice on the tents. The poor Thai girls were wearing every piece of clothing they'd brought, everything they could borrow, and they were still shivering! LOL - now. Not funny then. Yes, I too am happy my camping days are behind me.

Archived