buying the dvd at the end of the cruise...

flgatormom29

Ok. So my hubby and I were on the game of love on the last day of the cruise. The cruise director said that it would be playing on the tv the rest of the cruise (a whole 12 hours!) and would also be available on the dvd. So later that night we went to buy the dvd.

When we got home we watched the dvd...no newlywed game on it!!! Pretty much nothing on it. Just pictures of the ports (which we can tell were not even from OUR cruise).

I'm thinking about calling carnival. Or something. i don't want my money back, all I want is a copy of the newlywed game!

Is this even worth it? How would I even go about doing this?

Ok. So my hubby and I were on the game of love on the last day of the cruise. The cruise director said that it would be playing on the tv the rest of the cruise (a whole 12 hours!) and would also be available on the dvd. So later that night we went to buy the dvd.

When we got home we watched the dvd...no newlywed game on it!!! Pretty much nothing on it. Just pictures of the ports (which we can tell were not even from OUR cruise).

I'm thinking about calling carnival. Or something. i don't want my money back, all I want is a copy of the newlywed game!

Is this even worth it? How would I even go about doing this?

we bought our cruise on video tape on our first cruise ($50?). it was so boring, we never made it all the way through. it has been collecting dust somewhere for almost 30 years now. when my last vcr gives out, all those tapes go in the garbage.

we bought our cruise on video tape on our first cruise ($50?). it was so boring, we never made it all the way through. it has been collecting dust somewhere for almost 30 years now. when my last vcr gives out, all those tapes go in the garbage.

we only paid $25 for ours. I don't care about the footage of the ship, I just want the newlywed game cuz it was so much fun and I want to remember that for a long time....

I know we wont watch it everyday, but I want to have it as a keepsake.

How long does carnival keep those and would it be worth it to call them about it??

How long does carnival keep those and would it be worth it to call them about it??

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/04/07/can-i-purchase-the-dvd-of-my-cruise-after-i-ve-returned-home.aspx

The voyage DVD is only available for purchase while on board. Due to the large amount of footage taken, the video files are deleted soon after each cruise.

On the past few cruises, the DVD of the Newleywed Game has been sold seperatly for around $20.

Perhaps you can post on the roll-call for the cruise to see if anyone has a copy of the Newleywed Game.

Best of luck !

Good idea about the roll call! I didn't know it was a SEPERATE video! CRAP!

Thanks!

On the past few cruises, the DVD of the Newleywed Game has been sold seperatly for around $20.

Perhaps you can post on the roll-call for the cruise to see if anyone has a copy of the Newleywed Game.

Best of luck !

That was what I was thinking. A couple of cruises ago I was interested in a particular dvd. There were several different dvds of different activities.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/04/07/can-i-purchase-the-dvd-of-my-cruise-after-i-ve-returned-home.aspx

The voyage DVD is only available for purchase while on board. Due to the large amount of footage taken, the video files are deleted soon after each cruise.

Crap.

That sucks sucks sucks! :(

That was what I was thinking. A couple of cruises ago I was interested in a particular dvd. There were several different dvds of different activities.

I posted on my roll call. Hopefully someone can help. I wish they would have clarified that at the desk! Asked me which video I wanted instead of just assuming! There weren't even signs or anything that said what they had to offer! Many first time cruisers would have no idea! I've never gotten one before, and feel like they screwed me over! I thought it was one video with everything on it they played on the TV all week. Grrr :mad:

I am so disappointed in the one I got. What a waste! I would have paid MORE for just the video of the game on it!

Carnival needs to do a better job in this department. Our video had segments from other cruises on ours. I don't remember now all the wrong things but just like the ice carving, on our video was one thing and my photos showed something different. Needless to say, I do not buy anymore from them. I would love it if they cleaned their act up. I would buy one every cruise.

Archived