Smoking on Summit

Gambler458

I am booking a Dec cruise on The Summit. My boyfriend smokes and we called Celebrity several times to only get different answers from employees on where he can smoke on the ship. Does anyone know that has been on The Summit?

Thanks!

Being a smoker, he will find out quickly where he can smoke on the ship.

I know port side of pool area, port side aft on deck 10, port side of deck 5

(I think it is 5, maybe 4) and if there are any other areas he will find them. Doesn't matter what answers Celebrity gives you, you cannot smoke on your balcony or inside your stateroom. He'll be ok.

Smoking areas on M-class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation & Summit) include the following locations:

Deck 11 (Sunrise Deck forward) – Port-side only -- in the Nightclub (also called Disco) –– this is the only indoor area

Deck 10 (Resort Deck mid-ship) – Port-side only – outside between the Buffet (Waterfall Café/Grill) and the Pool Bar

Deck 10 (Resort Deck aft) – Port-side only – outside of the Buffet (Waterfall Café/Grill)

Deck 4 (Promenade Deck mid-ship) – Port-side only – outside between restaurant (Cosmopolitan Rest.) and Celebrity Theatre

Note that the official names (Nightclub, etc.) are the designation on the Summit, but will be different for the other M-class ships

Just off Summit. My wife smokes and I am sure of the following. You can smoke outside of waterfall buffet, aft deck 10, on port side. On deck 10, port side rear of pool. On deck 4 entire port side. On deck 11, upon entering the room (can't remember the name) port side. That's it. I'll tell you this, upon entering my room (deck 7 balcony) a strong smell of smoke. You could see where the person sat on the seat staining the sheers with smoke. They were taken out and washed, smelled and looked cleaner. She had conversations with people who were smoking on their suite balcony. I think a lot of people were.

I am booking a Dec cruise on The Summit. My boyfriend smokes and we called Celebrity several times to only get different answers from employees on where he can smoke on the ship. Does anyone know that has been on The Summit?

Thanks!

Celebrity does not allow smoking in the staterooms or on the balconies. They do provide smoking areas and those will be clearly marked. As I recall there will be a notice in your stateroom about where to go. Enjoy your cruise.

To make things clearer for those not accustomed to the ship layout:

There is no smoking allowed in any indoor area, with the possible exception of one section of one large lounge, nor on any stateroom veranda.

In the past they've allowed smoking in a section of one indoor lounge, the large forward lounge on deck 11, but this is being reconfigured next year and it is unclear if they will continue to allow inside smoking there after the reconfiguration.

Outside smoking has been allowed on one side of the pool area and the overlooking deck above it; one one side of the open air aft bar; and on one side of the open air veranda deck on deck 5.

There will be an information sheet with the smoking rules and locations placed in your stateroom on embarkation day which will be the final say in areas where smoking is allowed.

Believe me there are plenty of smoking areas! My husband smokes and he has no problem with Celebrity. Some other lines only have one or two areas. Celebrity has many!

The good thing for me the non smoker, husband has plenty of smoking areas, all are out side, and NONE in cabin or balcony! And NONE in the main public areas!

We do get a suite and it is evident that many do smoke on suite balcony.

Thanks!

Archived