Does RCI separate kids ages 12-14 from the 15-17 y.o.?

Niquein99

I was on the RCI website and it didn't appear that they separate the 12 - 14 year old tweens from the 15 - 17 year old teens. Can anyone verify? I know RCI used to separate this age group, but reading the website, it looks like they're all lumped together now. I would hate for my 12 y.o. son to be with 17 year olds! :eek:

Do they have separate programs for these two age groups? Interested in Liberty of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. Thanks!

The teen programs are run considerably differently than the AO programs. They are much less formal. There will be some activities planned - some for strictly the younger teens, some strictly for the older teens, some that will include both. There will be some times when part or all of the teen club is reserved for one of the age groups.

At the 12 to 18 age group, the kids are primarily looking to find other kids to hang out with, not so much to play a gaga ball tournement or do craft projects. The age divisions are as much self imposed by the kids themselves as by staff. Not too many 17YOs will be wanting to hang anywhere overrun by 12YOs. :)

Before my DD aged out of AO into the teen club program, I was worried. But her first post-AO cruise was less than 1 month after her 12th birthday. She met up with four other 12YO girls and they were pretty much inseparable (and did very few of the teen club activities). We've done four subsequent cruises and it has worked out that way on each trip.

Give your 12YO opportunities to meet other kids his/her age -- encourage him to go to the mixer party the first night. Seek out families on your meet-and-mingle board.

It depends. ;)

On Grandeur, they were all lumped together as one 12 - 17, because of the limited number of teens onboard.

You are talking Allure and Liberty - two pretty busy ships for teens. If you are sailing during times when there are other teens onboard, then they will be separated. But as Onessa said, SOME activities may be together.

I know that on our last cruise (Princess, but still applicable), my daughter was 13, which was the lower limit for the teen group. She met a few girls her age (13-14) and they would met up at the room and then go elsewhere. There were times that they would do things with the older kids, but probably rarely (my daughter said there was too much drama going on with the older ones).

There was a FB group for the teens on that cruise that was active for months after that and she stayed FB friends with those girls.

Archived