Gem vs Jewel

scfa99

We were on the Jewel last year and loved the ship and its crew so much we did it again in September (Since we lose the Jewel next year).

I did not find an unhappy crew on our cruise. The staff in Tsars are more than happy to ask you how your day is going and make sure you are happy with each course of your meal. Our cabin steward was wonderful and the bartenders we came in contact with (Marcia, Marcelo and "fast" Eddie) were wonderful, happy people.

The "washy washy" girls always gave us a smile and we enjoyed having several conversations with Chef Andreas and comedian David Nester. The shows both years were great.

Kathy

We were on the Gem last November and the Jewel Oct 22, 2011. I didn't see an unhappy crew member on either ship! We just had our best cruise ever last month on the Jewel. Can't put a finger on it other than everyone going out of their way to make sure we were having a great time every time we turned around. The Jewel had a real "we're glad your're here" feeling. As far as Nic is concerned.....if you don't have kids you really won't be bothered by Nic. Other than the pool activites with Nic, you have to go out of your way to run into them. They are available for the kids but not annoying for the adults. We were in a suite on both ships. First 2 times with a suite and I highly recommend it!:)

Archived