Category Designators

silverbird

Where can I find information regarding the specifics on the category designations? For exampke, BA versus E. Quite frankly, I am confused. Thank you very much.
The first place I would recommend is Princess' web site. Go to the "Learn about our Cruises tab, then choose "ships" from the dropdown list. Choose a ship you are interested in, then choose Staterooms for a general description that applies to most cabins in that category. The deck plans gives color coded cabin locations matching a list at the bottom of the page for that deck.

Moving your mouse over the cabin will tell you the category.

Many of the differences in B series cabins are in location, where some people prefer midship. BA cabins on some ships (e.g. Grand/Ruby class ships) have larger balconies which are partially covered. However on smaller ships most balconies are similar in size and exposure.

If you have specific ships you are thinking about maybe there are some secrets specific to some cabins, like those on the stern of the ship.

Archived