Hotels in Southampton offering shuttle service

Runners

Hi Tom,

The city centre, docks & main hotels are in a pretty compact area, a taxi from any of those hotels to any cruise terminal (there are 4) will cost only £5 to £8.

Some hotels, such as Holiday Inn (at the port gate), De Vere Grand Harbour, Premier Inn West Quay, even the Etap/Ibis/Novotel complex by the rail station are walkable to City Cruise Terminal.

I know that the Mercure Dolphin Hotel is one of the city centre hotels that offer a free transfer (probably a taxi), but in reality that's no different to knocking about £6 off the bill.

Only with hotels outside the city centre is a transfer important - the Hilton, on the northern outskirts at Chilworth, offers a free shuttle. Ditto, I think, Holiday Inn at Eastleigh.

If you search "hotel Southampton" on this forum, there's more than enough info about all the city's hotels

JB :)

We will be spending three days in Southampton in August 2012. Does anyone know of a hotel near the port that offers shuttle service to and from the cruise port?

Thank you, Tom

We stayed for two pre-cruise nights at the Holiday Inn/Herbert Walker. It was an easy walk to the main cruise terminal gate; at which point we found the large luggage rolling wagons to make the jaunt to the main terminal very easy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

I recently stayed at the Mercure in Southampton. Nice enough hotel and breakfast but beware if you are thinking of using the Cruise and Stay deal. I left my car with them and on my return found it had been damaged. As yet the hotel is refusing to accept liability.

Will let you and others know the outcome. I'm convinced that leaving it in their care they must be responsible, but it is a hotel car park which it appears is used by the public and they say they are not responsible for damaged caused.

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this.

Jimmy

I left my car with them and on my return found it had been damaged. As yet the hotel is refusing to accept liability.

Will let you and others know the outcome. I'm convinced that leaving it in their care they must be responsible, but it is a hotel car park which it appears is used by the public and they say they are not responsible for damaged caused.

You will have an uphill struggle getting the hotel to admit liability. Pretty much the only way that you can safely assume that leaving a car in a hotel's car park saddles them with responsibility is if the arrangement is specifically for them to drive it and put it away into a secure area, to which only hotel staff have access.

Hi Tom,

I left my car with them and on my return found it had been damaged. As yet the hotel is refusing to accept liability.

Jimmy

That's a bummer, Jimmy. :(

But I think you'll find that G is right, same applies to self-parking anywhere - airport carparks, shopping carparks, even business forecourts. A scrape from another motor, an act of vandalism, etc. They'd only be liable if they were negligent, for instance an employee wheeling something past. And then you'd have to prove the cause.

JB :)

Archived