ES Question, yes another, sorry...

drosphot

Sorry for asking, but there are so many threads that I get dizzy trying to decipher peoples interpretations of ES...

We booked at ES for $1249pp for an 8C, the ES rate is no longer available for the cruise so in order to get any credit I would need to see the price for an 8C for Past Guest or Fun Saver to go below $1249, correct?

For a 4C cabin with 3 people booked, it was $869 for the first two and $529 for the third. ES is still available for the 4C, but I assume it's the same case, I gotta see a fare below the ES rate we paid of $869

But what I am wondering here is what happens for the third persons rate? Will it ever be possible to get OBC for it? Where would I see the rate for the third to be lower? Do I have to make a mock booking?

Thanks!

Sorry for asking, but there are so many threads that I get dizzy trying to decipher peoples interpretations of ES...

We booked at ES for $1249pp for an 8C, the ES rate is no longer available for the cruise so in order to get any credit I would need to see the price for an 8C for Past Guest or Fun Saver to go below $1249, correct?

For a 4C cabin with 3 people booked, it was $869 for the first two and $529 for the third. ES is still available for the 4C, but I assume it's the same case, I gotta see a fare below the ES rate we paid of $869

But what I am wondering here is what happens for the third persons rate? Will it ever be possible to get OBC for it? Where would I see the rate for the third to be lower? Do I have to make a mock booking?

Thanks!

Yes, yes and yes you can get OBC if rate for 3rd person in same category cabin goes down...just do like you said and do a mock booking.

Are you doing the fareviewer. Because when I do that for my cruise, it shows me the total cabin price. So I usually just go by that and see if it has dropped.

That is what I do, although I have learned this week that some people do it by the individual rate. It all works out the same and this way you have just a single price to compare.

No idea about the 3rd person but as far as matching rates, I think you want to be looking at Fun Select, not Fun Saver. The Fun Saver rate is for a guarantee cabin, which can't be matched to an exact category.

Don't some people do this then get told that they would have to give up their specific room and let carnival chose? Seems to me that I have read that.

That is what I do, although I have learned this week that some people do it by the individual rate. It all works out the same and this way you have just a single price to compare.

No idea about the 3rd person but as far as matching rates, I think you want to be looking at Fun Select, not Fun Saver. The Fun Saver rate is for a guarantee cabin, which can't be matched to an exact category.

Don't some people do this then get told that they would have to give up their specific room and let carnival chose? Seems to me that I have read that.

I think the guarantee you are reading about a lot is the pack n go rates which are guarantees.

• 4 months later...

Ok I think I understand the 3 berth pricing now...

The fare portion only for our 3 berth 4C cabin for 3 = $2,267.00

Fareviewer lists this now for our sail date for 3 ppl interior cabin rates with only Fun Saver rate available now:

4H = $3027.00

4G = $3017.00

4F = $3007.00

4A = $2897.00

So in order to get any price drop an this cabin the 4F has to drop over $740, right? :( Or a 4C-E open up around final payment date and be cheaper... :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Archived