Cruising nightmare.... no... literally.. NIGHTMARE

StingRaysfan

So I've had dreams before that have covered all manner of things. Back when I served tables after high school I frequently had a dream about all my tables being sat at one time and not even being able to get the drinks out to the first table and being totally swamped and not being functional at all. I usually woke up sweating.....

But last night I had my first ever nightmare about cruises so I thought I would share!

I had a dream (unlike MLK JR) where we were on a cruise and one of our ports was the port of Tampa (??? LOL). I got off the ship and visited some friends, and time just slipped on by and before I knew it was 5:30 pm and I couldn't remember what time I had to be back to the ship. I kept checking my cell phone as I sped back to the ship, and I realized that I probably missed it so I became very very upset because my husband was on the ship.... why didn't he call me? What was I going to do? I missed the cruise!!!!! I woke up sweating bullets and a little tight in the chest.....

Anyone else have crazy dreams about cruises???? I'm wondering if I've been reading too much cruise critic lately.. maybe so...

You're not alone. A couple of weeks ago I had a dream that I was getting ready to go on a cruise that day out of NY (local), only to realize that I was going on a cruise out of Florida and had forgotten to get on my flight!:eek: I presently have a few cruises booked (which has never happened before, and most likely never will again), and apparently I am stressing about getting them mixed up! LOL!:p

Oh and yeah, I read too much CC, too!:o

LMAO! Glad I'm not the only one having these dreams! It was my first ever cruise dream... and of course it was a stressful one! Why couldn't I have been on the beach sipping a Pina Colada instead!! We've never been anywhere near late for the ship at a port so I don't know where that came from at all...:)

Irish I have a couple cruises booked too! Probably the only time that will happen either... The only good thing about mine is that they both leave out of Miami... so I can't get them mixed up and shouldn't have a night terror like yours! :) Could you even imagine anyone here making a mistake like forgetting to book a flight! HA! (or Tampa being a port of call for that matter!)

LMAO! Glad I'm not the only one having these dreams! It was my first ever cruise dream... and of course it was a stressful one! Why couldn't I have been on the beach sipping a Pina Colada instead!! We've never been anywhere near late for the ship at a port so I don't know where that came from at all...:)

Mine is me on a lovely tropical beach. Young, virile pool boys keep bringing me Margaritas, Daiquiris, and Pina Coladas. Oh no! They'll get warm before I can drink them all.....the Horror!

Irish I have a couple cruises booked too! Probably the only time that will happen either... The only good thing about mine is that they both leave out of Miami... so I can't get them mixed up and shouldn't have a night terror like yours! :) Could you even imagine anyone here making a mistake like forgetting to book a flight! HA! (or Tampa being a port of call for that matter!)

I am a travel junkie...just as if I would forget to arrange a flight...but that's why dreams make no sense;)

Hey Tampa could be a nice port of call...sure would beat Port Canaveral!:p

Mine is me on a lovely tropical beach. Young, virile pool boys keep bringing me Margaritas, Daiquiris, and Pina Coladas. Oh no! They'll get warm before I can drink them all.....the Horror!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH... LOL This is HORRIFIC! :) I'm glad I'm not the wierdo.. thanks for sharing your nightmares.

MsRussell....I think a dream about staring at my sign and sail card would be frustrating... especcially when I woke up and realized I wasn't actually on the ship! :(

Hello there!! Looks like your Liberty cruise is not that far out!! So exciting! So sorry you are no longer going on the the Victory, but you are going to have fun on the Valor!! Miss you on the Victory roll call. Not much action there.... Truly enjoy your upcoming cruise!! Enjoy every moment!! :rolleyes:

So I've had dreams before that have covered all manner of things. Back when I served tables after high school I frequently had a dream about all my tables being sat at one time and not even being able to get the drinks out to the first table and being totally swamped and not being functional at all. I usually woke up sweating.....

But last night I had my first ever nightmare about cruises so I thought I would share!

I had a dream (unlike MLK JR) where we were on a cruise and one of our ports was the port of Tampa (??? LOL). I got off the ship and visited some friends, and time just slipped on by and before I knew it was 5:30 pm and I couldn't remember what time I had to be back to the ship. I kept checking my cell phone as I sped back to the ship, and I realized that I probably missed it so I became very very upset because my husband was on the ship.... why didn't he call me? What was I going to do? I missed the cruise!!!!! I woke up sweating bullets and a little tight in the chest.....

Anyone else have crazy dreams about cruises???? I'm wondering if I've been reading too much cruise critic lately.. maybe so...

The closest I can come is an odd dream I had after I got back home from my recent cruise. On the cruise I was a piano bar groupie and sang a Madonna song called "Hanky Panky" with the pianist three times (on the mic - :eek: ).

So I had a weird dream where I was on a yacht with Madonna (right????) and I couldn't talk her into singing the song with me. GOOFY!!

About a month ago I had a dream that I was leaving for my cruise out of New York. I took the train and dropped off my luggage in the cabin on the ship. I decided that I was really tired and went home to take a nap. Now it's prob about a 2 and half hour trip from my house to NYC. I have no idea why I went all the way home to nap, but when I woke up from the nap I realized it was late and the boat left without me! In my dream I still rushed up to NYC to see if the boat waited for me, but it didn't :( It was not a fun dream to have! Especially since the cruise is still 191 days away haha! :p

I had one very similar to yours before my last cruise...we were docked in Key West and my DH took our 3 kids ahead of me to reboard the ship. I hung back and myself with 3 other women (no idea who they were) was running to the ship but couldn't find our way..we went down some steps and it dead ended into a kind of outdoor kitchen :rolleyes:. Anyways we asked how to get to the ship and they replied "you mean the one that just left". My only regret was I wasn't going to be able to see my kids for the rest of their first cruise yet I was relieved their dad had them and they could still continue the cruise.

I guess my priority was my kids enjoying their cruise (DH and I are past cruisers but it was the kids first).

I also had another dream about DH leaving me at the port of Miami to board but went back to Ft. Lauderdale to spend extra time with family. When he finally joined me we were on a train instead of a ship, which I noticed because our balcony didn't look right LOL. In this dream I came to realize you have to take a train from the Port of Miami to actually get to the cruise terminal :eek:

I wonder what Freud would say about these dreams.. we have abandonment issues and we are secretly attracted to our dads!?

It seems a couple of you had dreams very similar to mine.... doing something else and trying to get back to the ship and not making it. But Librat... Madonna? LOL! LOVE IT!

DJ56- it is coming up! Thats probably why the dreams are starting! I noticed your roll call was slow and I'm sad I had to leave... still a long ways off though and it'll pick up! THanks! I will have a blast on the Liberty cruise I'm sure!!!

I'm not going on another cruise until February and I've been having a couple of weird dreams here and there. Last week, I had a dream that we got on a ship and found out that it was "haunted" :eek: and that we had to avoid one area on one of the decks because every time we would walk near there, it was freezing cold and we would get an eerie feeling. LOL !

i wasn't aware that mlk ever cruised, or even dreamt about cruising, but i have had many nightmares whenever travel is imminent. timing issues, missing tickets or documentation, moving slow as if stuck in mud.

yet, so much paranoia, it makes me check everything many times over, as well as huge time cushions.

About 2 weeks before a cruise I dream I'm at the port or driving there and realize I don't have docs or luggage.

I keep a file folder for each cruise and usually have 3 boarding passes in it. I keep my passport handy whre I see it every day. Still have dreams...:rolleyes:

Lol, some of the posts are funny.

Occasionally I dream about accidentally leaving my wife behind. For example, I would be standing on Lido deck in horror watching my wife left behind at the port. I would be running around begging to talk to captain to turn around. :o

Archived