Cruising nightmare.... no... literally.. NIGHTMARE

StingRaysfan

Preparing to go on my first cruise ever, I have had 2 different nightmares. In one (which i've had twice now) my BF and I get to port (8hrs from our home) and I realize I've forgotten passports. Horrible feeling, we cruise in 9 days and I have a sticky note on the door reminding me to remember the passports

Dream number 2 involves getting to port checking in to our hotel and the next morning otw to the pier realizing somehow we forgot to drop the dogs off at the baby sitter and the rode down with us instead. Then rushing around galveston trying to find a kennel 30 mins before the ship leaves.....needless to say I think I'm nervous about forgetting something important...

Mine are typically some variation of not being able to get to the airport. Either because of traffic or because we drive & drive and never get there . . .

I wasn't going to post because my dream was work related, but identical to this. Dreaming I had to give someone insulin at 7:30 A.M., I was on a plane at 4:30 P.M. still trying to get to the person for the morning insulin.

I had a nightmare on our last cruise on the Freedom of the Seas....but it was actually true and felt like a dream. My family of 5 were cleared through 1st part of security (where they check your passports), then proceeded to the baggage area...cleared through that line...then I was told by a worker to follow him....they found my filtered water bottle in my bag (the one you have a filter in it and put tap water in it and it purifies the water before you drink it, well, ...I forgot to empty ..the worker agreed to let me keep it if I went through again and emptied it....he didn't give me back my back pack with my passport in it. So I went around with him and he led me back to the first guy checking passports...he let me through when I explained to him what happened. Then I got some lady in the baggage area and I explained it to her and she wouldn't let me back in without my passport. My family couldn't see or hear me and they were not letting me back in and my husband had my bag and passports. Finally, after I busted out crying in front of everyone, the original worker came to get me and said I was ok to go with him. That was the scariest thing I had to go through. This next cruise, I am NOT bringing that darned water filter with me. If it didn't cost $50 I would of let him keep it. YIKES!

I had a few dreams about cruising!! The worst dream I had was we lost track of the days and realized that we only had two hours to pack and be at the port and I forgot to pack all the important things to me. I forgot to pack some of the clothes I really wanted to take, I left the Camera and video recorder at home, Left all my shoes at home except for what I had on, got to the port and realized I left my BC at home and had to run back home and get it and then we finally get on the ship and realize we forgot to go to the bank for cash in the ports. It was horrible. I woke up and realized it was a dream. It felt so real. It doesn't sound that horrible but it was to me. So needless to say I am 10 days out from sailing and my bags are packed and all documents are in their folder in the carry ons:) The luggage is just sitting patiently waiting till its time to board!! I will double check what we have in the suitcases the night before we leave to make sure again its all there!!

I still have nightmares about forgetting passports, mainly because that actually happened to us!

DH thought I had all the docs, which I did have the cruise docs, but not his passport, lol. Luckily they let us on without it, probably because that was when Carnival was sailing out of the Bayport terminal after Hurricane Ike and everything was really screwed up. We got lucky, but before a cruise, that day creeps into my dreams.

But my best friend, who's going on my next cruise with me, keeps dreaming she's lost in the bowels of the ship and can't find her way out..

I've told her, I won't leave her, besides we're 2 doors down from the main staircase.. lol all she has to do is go up, and up, and up.. ;)

Ocassionally I'm awakened by the "floaty" feeling you get on a ship.. weird, I know.

But my best friend, who's going on my next cruise with me, keeps dreaming she's lost in the bowels of the ship and can't find her way out..

I've told her, I won't leave her, besides we're 2 doors down from the main staircase.. lol all she has to do is go up, and up, and up.. ;)

Ocassionally I'm awakened by the "floaty" feeling you get on a ship.. weird, I know.

I get the "floaty" feeling for a month after I get off a ship. It's nice and depressing at the same time lol. That ahhhhh... I'm on a ship feeling followed by that uuuuugh, my cruise is over feeling.

I had a few dreams about cruising!! The worst dream I had was we lost track of the days and realized that we only had two hours to pack and be at the port and I forgot to pack all the important things to me. I forgot to pack some of the clothes I really wanted to take, I left the Camera and video recorder at home, Left all my shoes at home except for what I had on, got to the port and realized I left my BC at home and had to run back home and get it and then we finally get on the ship and realize we forgot to go to the bank for cash in the ports. It was horrible. I woke up and realized it was a dream. It felt so real. It doesn't sound that horrible but it was to me. So needless to say I am 10 days out from sailing and my bags are packed and all documents are in their folder in the carry ons:) The luggage is just sitting patiently waiting till its time to board!! I will double check what we have in the suitcases the night before we leave to make sure again its all there!!

Your nightmares have a reason....abandonment! Isn't that the last sailing for Ecstasy? We get her next!!;)

We are going on our fourth cruise 11-6-11 on Splendor. I've never had a cruise dream until this week and I had it two nights in a row!!! I'm on CC all the time and we haven't been on a cruise since 2009 so maybe that's the issue? I dreamt we missed the ship in long beach, got to Cabo and boarded. Then when the ship left to head to PV we missed it again. Thousands of $$$ spent just trying to catch back up with the ship. What a horrible horrible dream :-(

I get the "floaty" feeling for a month after I get off a ship. It's nice and depressing at the same time lol. That ahhhhh... I'm on a ship feeling followed by that uuuuugh, my cruise is over feeling.

Especially on the first day off the ship, and I'm taking a shower, and close my eyes when I wash my hair. I definitely start feeling the swaying.....

My crazy cruise nightmare - I had somehow got off the ship at a port stop (an overnight? I was in a hotel, and realizing the ship was going to sail shortly & I needed to get back on it. Only I had left my cruise card, passport & all on the ship, so would have trouble reboarding. In my dream I even thought about trying to get a new passport but knew I didn't have time. Then I heard the ship's horn blowing - leaving early? I think it was some actual sound in my house that my dream changed to be the ship - it woke me up. I woke up in a whole panic. Crazy dream!

i wasn't aware that mlk ever cruised, or even dreamt about cruising, but i have had many nightmares whenever travel is imminent. timing issues, missing tickets or documentation, moving slow as if stuck in mud.

yet, so much paranoia, it makes me check everything many times over, as well as huge time cushions.

He probably didn't cruise... but he definitely had a dream... :)

It is total paranoia... this is why I am in charge of the documents and I'm psychotic about checking them over and over again.... and yes, we also leave large cushions in time getting to the ship.

I've enjoyed reading all of your crazy dreams! I'm glad I started this thread and I'm not the only one. As for that swaying land sickness feeling after a cruise.... I hate it. This last cruise in May it didn't go away for over a week, I felt groggy and off, and I was so tired of it.

I had another cruise nightmare. Got to the port, here in town. Not where my next cruise embarks from, but I guess you get some license in a dream. Anyway I realize I don't have the carry ons for either my son or myself. Which means - no passports, no rx meds, no way we can board. And then I realize it isn't a matter of just going home to pick them up - I have not even packed them yet! :eek: I have only an hour, and with traffic around here that won't be enough.

I think I need a cruise!

It happened to me today during my nap! I'm in college, and i'm going on a cruise in january with my family. I had a dream that i was back at home and left all my clothes in my dorm that is 5 hours away, and our flight was leaving in two hours. All i had to pack was winter clothes, AND all my ID's were at school, along with all my camera batteries! I woke up right when my mom was asking if i had everything and i had to break the news to her...

[quote name='StingRaysfan']So I've had dreams before that have covered all manner of things. Back when I served tables after high school I frequently had a dream about all my tables being sat at one time and not even being able to get the drinks out to the first table and being totally swamped and not being functional at all. I usually woke up sweating.....

But last night I had my first ever nightmare about cruises so I thought I would share!

I had a dream (unlike MLK JR) where we were on a cruise and one of our ports was the port of Tampa (??? LOL). I got off the ship and visited some friends, and time just slipped on by and before I knew it was 5:30 pm and I couldn't remember what time I had to be back to the ship. I kept checking my cell phone as I sped back to the ship, and I realized that I probably missed it so I became very very upset because my husband was on the ship.... why didn't he call me? What was I going to do? I missed the cruise!!!!! I woke up sweating bullets and a little tight in the chest.....

Anyone else have crazy dreams about cruises???? I'm wondering if I've been reading too much cruise critic lately.. maybe so...[/quote]

I did the other night but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the liquid lortab, funny part is my hubby was on the ship as well :p When we woke up, I explained that wasn't very nice of him, lol

There's something about us having a cruise booked that makes me have nightmares all the time. In between bookings I'm fine, but the second I start plannin another one, book it and start booking excursions....there come the nightmares. Mine are always about sea sickness and rough seas though lol. I'm prone to getting dizzy just sitting down, so it always makes me nervous. I do always carry meclizine with me and take one every night, starting the night before we leave. Ihave my seabands, ginger ale, ginger chews and crackers :o

OH! and I've had plenty of dreams where we forget our passports at home and we live a 3 hour drive away from the Miami port! I've even dreamt about having someone fedex it to us, or have a courier bring it to us at the port and everyone was on the ship already waiting for us to hurry up...:eek:

[quote name='MSRussell'][B]I can just picture a Therapist reading these posts, writing furiously...lol :eek:[/B]
[B]Melanie[/B]
[/quote]

Especially the dream where you are sailing out of NYC and you are on deck and you see hot dogs chasing donuts through the Holland Tunnel *LOL* :)

[quote name='StingRaysfan']So I've had dreams before that have covered all manner of things. Back when I served tables after high school I frequently had a dream about all my tables being sat at one time and not even being able to get the drinks out to the first table and being totally swamped and not being functional at all. I usually woke up sweating.....

But last night I had my first ever nightmare about cruises so I thought I would share!

I had a dream (unlike MLK JR) where we were on a cruise and one of our ports was the port of Tampa (??? LOL). I got off the ship and visited some friends, and time just slipped on by and before I knew it was 5:30 pm and I couldn't remember what time I had to be back to the ship. I kept checking my cell phone as I sped back to the ship, and I realized that I probably missed it so I became very very upset because my husband was on the ship.... why didn't he call me? What was I going to do? I missed the cruise!!!!! I woke up sweating bullets and a little tight in the chest.....

Anyone else have crazy dreams about cruises???? I'm wondering if I've been reading too much cruise critic lately.. maybe so...[/quote]

Me playing Dr. Phil:

Sounds like you have issues with your husband, like you are afraid that he is going to abandon you. Maybe you better sit down and have a talk with him...there are definitely trust issues.

No really - relax...never had bad dreams about a cruise. Just figuring out how to pay for the next one. Have fun, everything will go smooth and you will have a good time. Just don't let your husband out of your sight...just kidding.

[quote name='funinthesun1964']I'm not going on another cruise until February and I've been having a couple of weird dreams here and there. Last week, I had a dream that we got on a ship and found out that it was "haunted" :eek: and that we had to avoid one area on one of the decks because every time we would walk near there, it was freezing cold and we would get an eerie feeling. LOL ![/quote]

You're so cute!

I start having nightmares about a month before I cruise and they are always about the same thing. I get on the cruise ship and they lost all of my clothes. Or I get on the cruise ship and do not have any money. But I have also had nightmares about trying to get to the ship and never getting there on time because whoever is driving keeps taking detours.

Anyone else have crazy dreams about cruises???? I'm wondering if I've been reading too much cruise critic lately.. maybe so...[/QUOTE]
I'm a food server & I also have the "all the tables sat at once" dream occasionally. My cruise dream was that we got on the wrong ship (RCCL - I hate them). We could see our ship but for some reason we couldn't get off. I tried calling my PVP to tell him we weren't on the ship so he could re-sell our room.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh boy! I had to search out this thread this morning because I had my first cruise nightmare in awhile.

I was with my ex-mom-in-law (:confused:) and we were rushing to get to the port. It was almost 4pm and as we approached the dock the ship was pulling away. I found someone who worked for the port and she said we still have a chance. They were only pulling the ship away from the dock to tender people in because of the weather. (dreams are weird) She told me I had to go to the ticket area and get a tender ticket. :rolleyes:

So now we are running to get our tickets (which is hard with an elderly ex-mom-in-law) and a lady says "I know you! You dont have to stand in the line. I will go get your tickets for you. Just stay right here". I stand in the line anyway and she comes back out with a handful of colorful tender tickets. We head back to the ship and I try to hand over a ticket and she says its the wrong type. But she will go ahead and let us onboard.

I get onboard and check the doors to the hallway that that lead to the cabins. They are shut but not locked and I push it open and go to my cabin. The door is open but the cabin is not yet clean. I have no idea what type of cabin this was but it was huge and had 3 full sized beds in there and a balcony. Whoever was in there prior to me had apparently ordered room service because there were sandwiches on the table that hadnt even been touched.

I went into the bathroom and there was a platter of stone crabs sitting there on the sink. (Can you guess what I had for dinner last night...for real)

I have it bad you guys. Here I am having cruise nightmares and dont even have a cruise booked. Only a general idea of when we want to sail again.

Edit: I also realize after the ship has taken off that I left my camera and phone chargers at home. As much as I love taking pictures, this part is when I woke up in panic mode.

Archived