Bye, Bye Carnival...........

nycruise

Grilled chicken was never at the grill, only the chicken fingers. its at the pizza window, with ceasar salad usually, but Im sure they would give it by itself.

My TA was on Magic and got off last sunday and he liked the steakhouse, but complained about this balcony. He said Celebrity and RCL they have air tight locks on the balcony doors. His door on the Magic, the wind made it whistle all night and it drove him so crazy it sounds like it was a major deal to him. He wants to know why Carnival doesnt make the balcony doors air tight like other cruiselines (we know Carnvial builds these ships cheaper, and I guess its little things like this that show)

Knowing all this your cruise sounds typical to me .. I will still do Carnival.

They did have grilled chicken at the grill - just got off this cruise. I went looking for chicken fingers like they normally had and it was grilled chicken they were offering. I didn't see any ready or anyone asking for it though. So it must not be a huge hit.

This was very well put and I think a lot of people are missing the tone of the OP comments. I posted a couple of "not perfect" comments on my recent Miracle cruise and was blasted - but I was trying to simply report that things have changed on Carnival (and I am sure other lines) and hoped that anyone reading these posts would have a more balanced expectation if they chose that ship. I agree with Suzi - if the ports and price are right I too would consider another Carnival cruise - I just would not automatically pick that brand as confidently as I have in the past now that I know things have changed.

My review of my Magic Mediterranean cruise was somewhat negative as well. I was disappointed by certain aspects of the ship, the service, and the entertainment. But the itinerary was great (and this is very important when considering a Med cruise). The cabin was nice and the price was very good. I would have a tough time booking a Caribbean cruise on a Carnival ship. With the cutbacks in all areas and lower service levels and the disappointing pool areas (are they ever gong to build larger and nicer pools?), Carnival is not at the front of our list.

Oh, speaking of the steakhouse, on the Magic, it is much smaller than on other ships. If you are interested in going, you should make reservations before your cruise or on the first day of the cruise.

Archived