St Peter's Basilica, Vatican City

Cornishpastyman1

By now I had hoped to have made a complete set of videos from my W Med cruise but life has got in the way.

Anyway, for those interested here's one from a visit to the basilica on Saturday 9 July

I got there at 9.10 when there was almost no queue to get in. They are very hot on the dress code, so bear that in mind to avoid disappointment. Rick Steves has a superb podcast to guide you round if you don't take a guided tour.

All the best, Tony

By now I had hoped to have made a complete set of videos from my W Med cruise but life has got in the way.

Anyway, for those interested here's one from a visit to the basilica on Saturday 9 July

I got there at 9.10 when there was almost no queue to get in. They are very hot on the dress code, so bear that in mind to avoid disappointment. Rick Steves has a superb podcast to guide you round if you don't take a guided tour.

All the best, Tony

Another great video! Looking forward to others from you Med cruise.

Cheers,

Ron

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Palatine Hill and the Forum

While nowhere near as dramatic or as easy to visualise as it was as the Colosseum, it is still well worth doing.

The Pantheon

The best 'view' of what things looked like in Ancient Rome. Just walk up and enjoy a prime example of Roman building design genius.

Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps

These won't take long to visit but why would you not want to see them ? If you throw a coin in the fountain you will be making a contribution to the 3,000 euros a day which are collected and given to charity.

All the best, Tony

• 1 month later...
Here's the next - a visit to The Colosseum
with a tour of the underground. I got my ticket from tickitaly.com which also includes entrance to Palatine Hill and the Forum.

That video has suddenly become blocked just about everywhere except the UK. If you want to see it try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoN75rV7DWo which has a slightly different soundtrack but identical images.

Archived