****** __Port Of Miami Cruise Parking__******

Stargateman

Just checking in. Decided if we didn't like the way the lot looked, we would just park at the port . Well, we were satisfied with the way cruise parking looked . There are well over 100 cars parked there. Only about 5 spaces left. Felt safe that so many cars are there. Very nice American young man checked us in and called a cab which took about 15 mins. $10 including tip. Not worried about our 2011 truck at all.

At least you know that if damage does occur, be prepared to pay yourself because you receive no help from the lot. Like I said there were 10 cars vandalized and nothing was done. The lot looked nice when we got there too but no one was around. No taxis or transportation anywhere around. You must be a good tipper but it is in a decent neighborhood but again no one cares if you have problems.

• 1 month later...
At least you know that if damage does occur, be prepared to pay yourself because you receive no help from the lot. Like I said there were 10 cars vandalized and nothing was done. The lot looked nice when we got there too but no one was around. No taxis or transportation anywhere around. You must be a good tipper but it is in a decent neighborhood but again no one cares if you have problems.

My God, give it a rest. We are sorry it happened to you but do you really think we are all going to stop going there because you had a very bad experience? You made your point. You don't have to rehash it every time somebody reports that THEY didn't have a bad experience! :(

last time park car with united no problem saved money,next month parking with global because of discount code ,saving money again .this is my 11th or 12th cruise and ive only parked at terminal once Gobal,premier,united,cbs all use same parking lots

last time park car with united no problem saved money,next month parking with global because of discount code ,saving money again .this is my 11th or 12th cruise and ive only parked at terminal once Gobal,premier,united,cbs all use same parking lots

This is good to know, as we reserved with Global for tomorrow and are parking at the garage located at 1415 NE2nd Ave. Hope this goes well, so we can include Miami as one of our Florida ports.

• 1 month later...

just got off ncl epic///had a blast/// my 12th cruise///parked in garage on 2nd ave no problems//waited less than 10 min after cruise---going they do not take you untill 11AM//

Edited by poker pete
date 03/03/2012

• 4 months later...
Just checking in. Decided if we didn't like the way the lot looked, we would just park at the port . Well, we were satisfied with the way cruise parking looked . There are well over 100 cars parked there. Only about 5 spaces left. Felt safe that so many cars are there. Very nice American young man checked us in and called a cab which took about 15 mins. $10 including tip. Not worried about our 2011 truck at all.

How was your car when you returned? Any problems? We are considering using this lot.

Thanks.

How was your car when you returned? Any problems? We are considering using this lot.

Thanks.

*sigh*

At the current time THERE IS NOT A SAFE OR CONVENIENT OFF SITE PARKING SOLUTION FOR PORT OF MIAMI

That lot is NOT secure, there is a large population of vagrants that surround this lot. The lot is not monitored nor does it have security.

The "100s" of cars there are people conducting business in downtown Miami, they are gone come afternoon.

If you have parked here and your car was fine, it is because you were lucky and not safe.

The minute someone creates an off port solution I promise to be the first one here singing its praises.

It does not matter what kind of car you drive, people will break the window to check if you left a GPS or an ipod behind. Worst case scenario they steal the car, best case, you are left with a broken window, sitting on glass with a long hot drive home. City of Miami police will take hours to respond to a car vandalism case, its a low priority because it happens so often.

Edited by miamiyogi

parked at the "150 NE 7th Street" a few times with a 2012 vehicle and the most that happened to my vehicle was that it was dusty.

A lot of newer cars parked in the lot when I was there and I along with the others there enjoyed the savings.

I keep nothing of value in my car and understand the risk of getting my car broken into... just the same as i understand the risk of parking at a Hotel, mall, and even the driveway of my gated community.

parked at the "150 NE 7th Street" a few times with a 2012 vehicle and the most that happened to my vehicle was that it was dusty.

A lot of newer cars parked in the lot when I was there and I along with the others there enjoyed the savings.

I keep nothing of value in my car and understand the risk of getting my car broken into... just the same as i understand the risk of parking at a Hotel, mall, and even the driveway of my gated community.

So many mixed reviews of this lot!! I've seen the photos of the vagrants outside the fenced in area...as long as they are outside the fence, I'm ok, but the fence does look easy to climb, but maybe not if you're drunk off cheap wine, lol. It's hard to know what to do...like others I might drive by on the way to the port and if it looks ok, give it a shot. If not, well I'll suck it up and pay $20 a day as we've done each and every other cruise, although I feel like a fool doing that when there are cheaper alternatives.

FLKevin, good to know your car was ok. I assume you saw no other cars damaged at the lot. We are smart enough not to leave anything of value in the car and I agree, cars can be broken into anywhere and everywhere.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd love to hear from others who have used off site parking.

*sigh* X 2

If you would like to subject your family to that kind of risk in a bad section of downtown Miami, then who am I to judge? The "fence" has several sections near the railroad track that can be walked through.

This is not a mall, gated community, hotel. This is a dark isolated stretch of downtown. Vandals know that you are a tourist and will be away for a few days.

This lot is not far from the one you are considering:

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21007108055971/police-search-for-car-vandals/

Subjecting my family to a bad section of Miami???? The Port is only a 1/4 mile away, Bayside strip mall is less than that and lets not forget the arena that was holding a children's event the last time we parked there . So if I use your analogy every family that goes to Bayside, the Port of Miami and the arena are "subjecting their family to that kind of risk."

I dropped my family off at the port, drove to the lot, parked my car, walked a block to Biscayne Blvd, hailed a cab and was at the port with my family in under 20 minutes all in the daylight.

When we left the port we got in line for a cab and then was driven

back to the lot and the nice cab drive helped put the luggage in our car . We paid him the fare and tip and went on our way. Oh and yes we drove right between a crowd of homeless folks getting fed by the Miami Homeless Coalition.

It is what it is.... its a parking lot with a fence. Yes its a "shady" section of town. No, not all homeless are looking to jack your car. Vandalism, theft and other crime will and can happen anywhere....even on a cruise ship!

I will continue to park at this lot as long as it is available and will enjoy the savings. Would I let my wife park here by herself, NO!

Do I care if my car gets broken into, glass smashed or whatever, NO! It all can be replaced or fixed.

On a side note, Miamiyogi why are you on every site there is complaining about this parking lot? You park near it at a office close by but you have never parked in this lot correct? Just curious...:cool:

Thanks.

i used this parking in feb2012 and that was my 2nd time..i have a 2012 car and i feel very safe leaving my car their,,its safer than a wallmart parking lot''' You save a bundle and if you cruise everyear like i do it all adds up..

i used this parking in feb2012 and that was my 2nd time..i have a 2012 car and i feel very safe leaving my car their,,its safer than a wallmart parking lot''' You save a bundle and if you cruise everyear like i do it all adds up..

Thanks so much for the feedback!:)

Subjecting my family to a bad section of Miami???? The Port is only a 1/4 mile away, Bayside strip mall is less than that and lets not forget the arena that was holding a children's event the last time we parked there . So if I use your analogy every family that goes to Bayside, the Port of Miami and the arena are "subjecting their family to that kind of risk."

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way in Miami. The Bayside area is safe. When there is an event at the Arena this lot is also safe thanks to the increased police presence in the downtown area. There are not events at the Arena every night. Roughly the sections from NE 1st Ave West between And 6 street to the north are not safe areas at night. This is largely due to the fact that the area is pretty abandoned come night fall. Most Miami residents are aware of this.

No, not all homeless are looking to jack your car.

I never said that. But typically vagrants don't hang out in nice areas here, it may be different where you live.

Do I care if my car gets broken into, glass smashed or whatever, NO! It all can be replaced or fixed.

Ordinarily, I feel the same way. I get one of my car windows smashed about every 2 years or so, I don't care, I already how much it is going to cost. I consider it part of the cost of living here. However, if you are just finishing a cruise, what a hassle. Getting the police report, calling insurance, and I doubt you'd get anyone here to replace your glass the same day. The vendor I use comes out the next day.

On a side note, Miamiyogi why are you on every site there is complaining about this parking lot? You park near it at a office close by but you have never parked in this lot correct? Just curious...:cool:

Every site? Thanks for the compliment, but I am not on every site. And if you read through my posts you can tell I have no agenda, I'm not out here promoting another lot. I just can't stand the bold face lies on their website. I'm calling them out on it. As a resident of the area, I think people appreciate the point of view from a local. My view is about the same as others that live near here. No I have not parked IN this lot, but then again, I don't have to burn my hand on a stove that I know is hot.

You know I can sit here and ask why you are such a big promoter of the lot? Your answer is probably the same as to why I am so against this lot.

And yes vandalism can occur anywhere, but you don't park in that far dark corner of the Walmart if you can help it.... right?

End of day people can and will do what they want. I gave my input; said my peace, and at least now people can make an informed decision.

Edited by miamiyogi

• 7 months later...

We used the port of miami cruise parking last month (Feb 2013) to park our 2006 Mercedes while we sailed on the Norwegian Sun (from 2/6 to 2/17). The service was impeccable. My wife and I were transported to and picked up from the ship - cost of $15.00 and the cost for the 11 days was $49.50. We had parked previously at the Premium lot where the price was basically double, although the cost of transport to and from the ship was included in the $9.00 per day cost at Premium parking. My wife and I are doing the transatlantic on the Eclipse in April and we'll be gone for over a month so we'll certainly use the port of miami cruise parking for hat period.

• 1 year later...

I have used global parking and its a secure garage,approx. 1.5 miles from port.i use their shuttle (free).only problem is don't arrive until 11am.Have used them 3 times.This time im parking in port ($20).I,ll be their 10am,leaving on breeze (2nd time) for 8 days. This way I don't wait for any shuttles

Edited by poker pete