Important information- what to include?

amc80

We have 21 people in 11 cabins sailing with us next month. I am putting together a little card for everyone that has some important information. Here is what I have so far:

1) Cabin numbers

2) Phone numbers for consulates in each port, airlines, and RCI emergency number

3) Itinerary with docking/debarkation times (and a note about ship time versus port time)

4) A note with our dining time

What else should I put on there? Our group is a mix of experienced cruisers and new cruisers.

If you are going to be staying together as a group, for the most part, perhaps a few "meeting places" in case you get separated(ie- Windjammer, Guest Relations desk, etc.)

Also, I'm not sure if you are going to go through the expense of using phones while on the cruise, but maybe an alternative way to communicate if you are all wandering around on the ship. For example, using sticky notes on your cabin doors, slipping notes under the doors, posting on the message board near the "front desk", etc.

The little card is going to get pretty full. I thought about the common place locations too but then considered that the ship models at the elevators show pretty well what is fore and aft on what decks.

Agree a common meeting place would be good. Central to the ship such as mid-ship deck 7 library. About the same distance from everywhere.

Perhaps leave a blank spot for MDR table number and write in once known. Especially since at least two tables will be involved.

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. I think I'm going to list the important places (gym, buffet, theater, karaoke, etc.).

We aren't going to be doing everything together, so I'm not sure about listing a meet up place. I think at dinner each night will arrange for a time/place to meet for the following day.

I don't know about other cruiselines, but if you're cruising with Royal Caribbean, you might remind your group not to touch anything in their fridges unless they want to pay for it.

And another helpful thing to know is that RCCL offers very reasonably priced washing/pressing/dry-cleaning service.

I hope your group has a great cruise!!!!!!!!!!!

We have 21 sailing in January, and I'm putting together a similar list. One of the things I'm doing is including a list of everyone's flights and pre and post nights' hotel dates and locations, as well as cell phone numbers (for those who will be using them). Most of us are staying at the same hotel, but not all and we definitely aren't coming in at the same time. I've included some information about distance from the airport to the hotels and approximate cost. I also make a laminated list of the name and cabin numbers that everyone can keep in their drawer for handy access.

If you come up with other ideas--please post them!

Jane

We have 21 people in 11 cabins sailing with us next month. I am putting together a little card for everyone that has some important information. Here is what I have so far:

1) Cabin numbers

2) Phone numbers for consulates in each port, airlines, and RCI emergency number

3) Itinerary with docking/debarkation times (and a note about ship time versus port time)

4) A note with our dining time

What else should I put on there? Our group is a mix of experienced cruisers and new cruisers.

We are on freedom 11/6/11 and are also a wedding party of 21. I even checked to see if you might be one of our group then I saw you are from Nevada. We are mostly from Florida and PA.

Anyway, I made a list of everyone's room numbers and will also put our dining table info once known. FYI- I was told by RC that tables couldn't be more than 10 so we ended up with 3 tables- 9/8/4. That should work but I will check once we are on board.

I also made a list of the things that are offered on board and the cost, if any. And also included things to do on Coco Cay and St Maarten and the costs involved. I kept the excursions limited to the ones offered directly by RC figuring that if anyone wanted to do them on their own, then they would need to research them themselves. I didn;t include anything for St Thomas because that;s where the wedding is so no time for any excursions. Obviously this info can;t be on a little card, so I just printed it all off and will distribute a folder to everyone along with a timeline of the wedding day so guests know what to expect.

that;s pretty much it- otherwise we will all meet up for dinner every night and everyone can talk and exchange ideas then. I know we will have a great time and I hope you will too.

Archived