Visa points

Could someone tell me if it is too early to apply for my Visa Points Rewards, my cruise is in 162 days. :confused: Last time (a few yrs. ago) with my other RCL cruise, I had to wait 3 months prior before applying for my points or I would lose them? I want to make sure that I have my points on file (OBC and discount w/cruise), and surely do not want to have to forfeit them. Any help here would be so appreciated................C/BB :)

I redeemed points for a free cruise and had them applied almost a year ahead. Unless they have changed the rules recently, it was my understanding that you had 6 months to apply the points after they were redeemed, but the cruise could be well in the future.

Thanks for your ans. pertaining to visa points - I did them online, but did notice a remark in the terms section stating that they had to be used prior to 180 days. This is not a problem w/me on this one, but maybe others should check this out, too? :confused:

I printed out my copy & was wondering how OBC is applied to our account - do we wait until the end of the cruise or will there be some sort of confirmation for this?

I am guessing that I should email my TA to notify her of the credit towards cruise, too prior to my final payment.................

This site is just sooooo helpful!

C/BB

Thanks for your ans. pertaining to visa points - I did them online' date=' but did notice a remark in the terms section stating that they had to be used prior to 180 days. This is not a problem w/me on this one, but maybe others should check this out, too? :confused:

I printed out my copy & was wondering how OBC is applied to our account - do we wait until the end of the cruise or will there be some sort of confirmation for this?

I am guessing that I should email my TA to notify her of the credit towards cruise, too prior to my final payment.................

This site is just sooooo helpful!

C/BB[/quote']

The cruise can be anytime in the future, the points have to be applied within 180 days. That was geared back when they mailed you the certificates. Now they are applied right away online.Not sure why that is even mentioned on the website.

Have your TA order a invoice from RCL in a couple of days. It should have your onboard credit listed.

I used points on my cruise when I booked it, that was approximately 6 months out, perhaps a tad bit more. At the time I had to order the vouchers and mail them in. Now I apply the points each time I get enough for $50 OBC and I just do it on line. I know you are supposed to get an email, but I have not. Just today I sent an email to RCCL and asked them to verify my amount of OBC, they had it right, but I'd keep good track just in case you are doing it in small incriments like I am. I could have just waited until the end to apply them, but I'm just not that good at waiting. :)

• 2 weeks later...

To all the pricing experts out there.....

We are booked on the Monarch 3 day, Apr. 20th on a JS. The JS price just rose from $629 - $659. OV price remained the same ($319). I'm going to cash in Visa points for companion fare which I understand will be $319 as of today (min available OV stateroom.) Should I wait in hopes the OV will increase or cash in today in fear that it may decrease?

Archived