Dream - 29th October - Change to itinerary-Casablanca now Funchal

Hi

Those who are travelling on this cruise have had a change from Casablanca to Funchal, Madeira. Kruzeeka advised that his friends are travelling on this cruise and had just received a letter to advise of the change. Had a look on the website and its has been changed, I think for the better but need to know if anyone else has been to Funchal if so any advise tips whats best to see. Can you walk from the ship to the centre :rolleyes:....not long now :eek:

Sue

Got our tickets today and they still say Casablanca

It only gets better as Casablanca was one of the places we have visited before and we just planned to stay on board. Never been to Maderia so a chance to explore and consider as a future holiday venue.

Now under a week to do and getting really excited as our first cruise gets nearer and nearer.

Madeira is FABULOUS:) we have had 3 holidays there and visited once on a cruise. You can walk into the town easily. I love Madeira! I haven't been to Casablanca, so can't say which is best, but having been to Agadir (hasste, hassle, hassle!) I should say this is a MUCH better option.:)

Enjoy!

Madeira is FABULOUS:) we have had 3 holidays there and visited once on a cruise. You can walk into the town easily. I love Madeira! I haven't been to Casablanca, so can't say which is best, but having been to Agadir (hasste, hassle, hassle!) I should say this is a MUCH better option.:)

Enjoy!

I agree with Linda. Funchal is lovely. We did the cable car and came down in the basket sledges that was good fun. The boys wouldn't come, not even in the cable car :eek: .

I said at the time after experiencing Agadir if I ever ended up on a ship callling at a Moroccan port I'd stay on board.

Berwyn

I said at the time after experiencing Agadir if I ever ended up on a ship callling at a Moroccan port I'd stay on board.

Berwyn

Too true Berwyn! I would love to do the Colourful Coasts again, but the thought of Rocking all that way over to Morocco, to be hassled and then back again puts me right off. I have never felt so ill on a ship as that day and we couldn't go to the formal night at all! Why don't they just stay in the Canaries? Is it something to do with getting duty free? :confused::rolleyes:

I suppose the Dream will be better than when we went on the Celebration as it is a bit bigger ship:)

Hi

Those who are travelling on this cruise have had a change from Casablanca to Funchal, Madeira. Kruzeeka advised that his friends are travelling on this cruise and had just received a letter to advise of the change. Had a look on the website and its has been changed, I think for the better but need to know if anyone else has been to Funchal if so any advise tips whats best to see. Can you walk from the ship to the centre :rolleyes:....not long now :eek:

Sue

So are you still going to Agadir?

Too true Berwyn! I would love to do the Colourful Coasts again, but the thought of Rocking all that way over to Morocco, to be hassled and then back again puts me right off. I have never felt so ill on a ship as that day and we couldn't go to the formal night at all! Why don't they just stay in the Canaries? Is it something to do with getting duty free? :confused::rolleyes:

I suppose the Dream will be better than when we went on the Celebration as it is a bit bigger ship:)

Hi Linda, I don't know why they go to Agadir. Don't think it is to do with duty free as the Canaries themselves are classified as a low tax area and your allowance from them is the same as if you bought stuff outside the E.U.

And the other cruise lines that do Canaries cruises do not call in Morocco.

Berwyn

Hi all

Would like to thank you all for the info re Madeira,we actually got our letter today re the change.

Excited now, not many sleeps. would be nice to know who our cruise director is....

Will do a review on my return.

Again, many thanks

Sue

Hi Linda, Don't think Agadir is on this itinerary - it's the relocation and doesn't do all the ports of the Colourful Coasts - Casablanca was the only Moroccan destination - and no more!

I knew it was the relocation but I was looking at 2012 - Doh!! They are going to Casablanca and Agadir and it's only 7 day cruise, going on 29th September.

I stupidly threw the current brochure out when we booked the Caribbean cruise and got a new one - going mad!

Archived