med cruise takes in italy

jue

Problem- what if you can't make it to the 7:30 train? You don't give any Plan Bs. On our last two stops at Civi you would have to run- really run- to catch the 7:30 train. This is why a private tour is such a better use of your time. It isn't inflexible like a train schedule.

If you don't get that 1. You can get the 7;50 or the 8;20. After 7;30 they run every 20 mins untill 9 o'clock. We are in our 50's and trust me; We don't run. This my experiance in Rome. OP asked for advice. This is mine. The cost was minimal compared to the ship tour.

Alex

Rome Driving Tours and our tour guide, Luca, is one of the principals. He was delightful and evidenced so much pride in his city. Very good English. He took us to most of the historic sites, getting us entry in ahead of the lines at the Coliseum and the Vatican (and a private tour guide there). He was exactly on time (8am) by the ship and returned us to ship exactly as promised.

I have to add these personal notes: my DS was unable to do some of the walking and stayed with the van at the Vatican and Coliseum. While we were touring, Luca took her with him to get her daughter the prized (?) Nutella she had been raving over, plus a bottle of wine. And once, after I had mentioned postcards, he diverted the van to a stop and jumped out, ran in a shop, and came back with four packets of postcards for each of us. :)

The bonus of any of these van private tours is that these drivers can negotiate the narrow streets/crowds that the larger tour buses cannot, thus, you do not have to walk so much yourself. So, if you start thinking how expensive they are, think again -- worth every penny (or Euro).

Archived