large groups on cruises

clarkspond75

Just wondering if there is a site that tells you if any large groups are on your sailing. I've been on cruises with 600 or so office furniture sales people, and also on a cruise with Insurance people on a paid vacation from the company. Not a big problem but they can take over the bars and other areas of the ship.

We were on a cruise a few years ago with a very large b lue grass group that took over the comedy club lounge, and we felt we had missed out on some entertainment because of it as they had no place to put some things.

Were we on the same cruise?? lol Mine was Freedom Jan 2008

We cruised Holland Americas Eurodam 1 week after the Obama won the 2008 election with over 600 people from the National Review with Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson as their guest speakers for the week. I think they thought it would be a celebration...needless to say they were not a happy. They closed off alot of rooms and deck areas for them. We were not happy and wish we had known before we booked. We now google all our cruise dates for groups before we book. This is not intended to be a political statement just the facts of a cruise.

We cruised Holland Americas Eurodam 1 week after the Obama won the 2008 election with over 600 people from the National Review with Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson as their guest speakers for the week. I think they thought it would be a celebration...needless to say they were not a happy. They closed off alot of rooms and deck areas for them. We were not happy and wish we had known before we booked. We now google all our cruise dates for groups before we book. This is not intended to be a political statement just the facts of a cruise.

That whole closing off of large areas and canceling shows and activities seems to make it so that others are not getting what was advertised. How disappointing.

That whole closing off of large areas and canceling shows and activities seems to make it so that others are not getting what was advertised. How disappointing.

That was a huge disappointment along with the constant attempt to sell is reading materials. But the Eurodam was beautiful and we made the best of it!

If this happened on my cruise I would have been p-o'd!:mad:

Archived