Conquest Questions

mpillen

Just booked the Conquest for April 2012. I have a few questions I hope you all can help me with since I primarily sail on Royal Caribbean.

1) Cash accounts - how do they work on Carnival?

2) Doc's say boarding is at 12...does Carnival board early than stated like Royal?

3) Are there any "secret" spots on the Conquest?

Anything you would like to share with me about this ship would be appreciated.

Thanks Everyone!

Cash accounts, just stop by the pursers desk and open it. they have a suggested amount, but I once left my credit card at home and had to do it and they take any amount you have or want to give them.

Boarding very rarely would start before 11, and HC, VIP and suites get on first, then they go by zones, when you checked in. Im almost always on before Noon.

This is for Galveston:

1 We have used cash on our first cruise. You will need to go the pursers desk upon coming on to the ship. We gave them$400 for our first trip .

2 We usually get to the parking spot, Easy Cruise that is by 10:30 am. In May we on board by 11:30 am. All though a couple of years ago boarding was delayed for an hour or so.

Hope this helps.

Just booked the Conquest for April 2012. I have a few questions I hope you all can help me with since I primarily sail on Royal Caribbean.

1) Cash accounts - how do they work on Carnival?

2) Doc's say boarding is at 12...does Carnival board early than stated like Royal?

3) Are there any "secret" spots on the Conquest?

Anything you would like to share with me about this ship would be appreciated.

Thanks Everyone!

You're free to cover your on board expenses with cash. You can either put money on your account prior to sailing via Carnival's Bon Voyage department or upon embark at the Guest Services desk.

We are Platinum and normally on board by 11:30 so, yes, boarding does begin earlier than touted in the docs.

There are forward observation areas on all of the decks with balcony cabins except the Verandah Deck. That's where the bridge is. To get to the observation area proceed all the way forward on one of the balcony decks. On either port or starboard side you'll see a door to the left or right... go through that door... through the following door and there you are!!!

:)

We have been on the Carnival Conquest twice. When you check in you present your credit card and every purchase you make on the ship is charged on it.

The pool we used was over near the pizza in the rear of the ship on the Lido deck. It was an adult pool. The ship was gorgeous. Be sure to go to the buffet for lunch. The variety was awesome! Check in started about 11:30 am ( I think) in Galveston, Texas.

They keep the dining room & theater cool so bring a jacket or sweater.

Archived