10/16 Gem - Not Suite but Very Sweet

lgfromdg

Just back from the 10/16 sailing. So many reviews on here are from the suite cruisers who have access to so many amenities that those of us who sail in inside, oceanview or balcony cabins don't - such as a butler, concierge, courtyard access, breakfast and lunch at Cagney's etc. In case anyone here wonders if they would have the same wonderful experience in a lesser cabin, I'm here to tell you YES. We were in an inside cabin and were treated like VIPS by just about every crew member we saw. The waiters, bar staff, CD staff etc didn't care what type of cabin we were in; everywhere we went we got excellent service. The crew of the Gem was so attentive and friendly. We really felt like everyone wanted to contribute to our having a fantastic cruise and they certainly succeeded at that. We've gotten to know Jenny Lim, the Assistant Hotel Director, and you couldn't find anyone who loves their job more than she does. She is the best ambassador NCL could have; a real gem (pun intended).;)

Nice ! We've sailed in inside cabins several times , once ocean view , several balcony cabins and this sunday ( Gem) will be our first mini suite (no perks) but bigger cabin, full bath and slightly larger balcony.

Want to hear more about your cruise ..

How was the weather in bermuda ?

We always go this time of year and it's always in the 80's and sunny.

Just back from the 10/16 sailing. So many reviews on here are from the suite cruisers who have access to so many amenities that those of us who sail in inside, oceanview or balcony cabins don't - such as a butler, concierge, courtyard access, breakfast and lunch at Cagney's etc. In case anyone here wonders if they would have the same wonderful experience in a lesser cabin, I'm here to tell you YES. We were in an inside cabin and were treated like VIPS by just about every crew member we saw. The waiters, bar staff, CD staff etc didn't care what type of cabin we were in; everywhere we went we got excellent service. The crew of the Gem was so attentive and friendly. We really felt like everyone wanted to contribute to our having a fantastic cruise and they certainly succeeded at that. We've gotten to know Jenny Lim, the Assistant Hotel Director, and you couldn't find anyone who loves their job more than she does. She is the best ambassador NCL could have; a real gem (pun intended).;)

My BF and I also just got off the Gem 10/16 sailing and we had a wonderful tine. we were in cabin 8040, FWD Balcony on the starboard side.

The weather in Bermuda was fantastic and it only rained (really hard) on thursday while we were walking around in St. George. but that lasted for only 20 minutes after which the rain clouds moved away and the sunshine came right back! The water temp was a little cool at first, but once you get used to it, it's nice and refreshing.

Bermuda is one of our favorite places (we've been there twice now) and it's one of the few places where you can really let your guard down.

We will certainly do this again!!!

We couldn't have had a better cruise. The weather in Bermuda was wonderful - mid to upper 70's, sunny but a bit windy.

The Gem is a fantastic ship with a phenomenal crew; no one who sails her should have anything but a great time.

I would just like to second EVERYTHING Laura has said. I was also on this ship (hi Laura!) in my own inside cabin, and the service (and entire cruise experience) was phenomenal! I will DEFINITELY sail with NCL again--on the Gem, if possible. And...as soon as possible! (In fact, 'not being independently wealthy' is the only thing keeping me from thinking about returning to Bermuda on this Sunday's sailing!) I would also definitely book an inside room. I'd rather go on TWO cruises in an inside than one in any other sort of cabin! :D

Honestly, I've stayed in many hotels in the past few years, and I can't think of one that matched the service I experienced on the Gem.

My daughter and I are leaving this Sunday on the Gem. We are also traveling in an inside cabin-9551. We are hoping Rina stays away and doesn't rain on our parade. We are really looking forward to being spoiled by the crew. Just four more days and we are off to Bermuda. This will be my fourth trip there, my daughter's first. I love the island and the people who live there. They are all so nice.

My daughter and I are leaving this Sunday on the Gem. We are also traveling in an inside cabin-9551. We are hoping Rina stays away and doesn't rain on our parade. We are really looking forward to being spoiled by the crew. Just four more days and we are off to Bermuda. This will be my fourth trip there, my daughter's first. I love the island and the people who live there. They are all so nice.

We were in #9559. If you have the same room steward, Dan, you'll be very lucky; our cabin smelled like fresh laundry all the time. He made up some special concoction, but wouldn't divulge the secret.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates and you have as wonderful a cruise as we did.

Archived